Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Black Sword » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Trying to think of a way to offload menial office bitchery labor onto a lower ranking employee. I'm going to coach it in the form of cost savings. Lower paid minions cost less to do the work than a higher paid minion like myself!
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:44 pm

I saw the movie Borat earlier today for the first time. It may be because I already saw Brüno, but I didn't find it that funny. The movie evoked more "WTF?" moments than "LOL!" moments.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:39 pm

I just woke up... I'm hung over... And I didn't drink enough to get myself drunk... Probably it was because I haven't been drinking much water lately... Not going out because of vacations means no sweating, and no sweating means I don't get thirsty...

This can't be healthy...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby carlsojos » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 pm

WING-0 wrote:I just woke up... I'm hung over... And I didn't drink enough to get myself drunk... Probably it was because I haven't been drinking much water lately... Not going out because of vacations means no sweating, and no sweating means I don't get thirsty...

This can't be healthy...


Being trained in the art of first aid, I can tell you that not sweating is no excuse for not drinking water. Instead, you should be using the bathroom more often to offset your normal water intake, since perspiration isn't the only reason your body needs water. I won't lecture you on colors(you might take the lecture the wrong way), but I assure you that if you feel thirsty, you already aren't drinking enough. The headache of a hangover is actually a symptom of dehydration, since alcohol is a mild dieuretic.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Tanith » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 am

BenoitRen wrote:I saw the movie Borat earlier today for the first time. It may be because I already saw Brüno, but I didn't find it that funny. The movie evoked more "WTF?" moments than "LOL!" moments.

I didn't find Borat funny. It was too over the top. It doesn't help that I'm acquainted with a few people from Kazakhstan and that my work in the military required me to know a thing or two about the region as well. While I think Borat lends a clever outsider's view of American culture, it does it while disregarding everything about Kazakhstan. I don't know if it would have been more or less funny to just make up a Turkic country for the movie, but I just can't get past how wrong Kazakhstan is portrayed.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Zucca » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:43 am

I'm lying on the bed. Just caught a flu. :|
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Semix » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:15 am

Last day of school for 2010, and its a half day with some concert thing at the end. Yay? Finally, no more shit till my GCSEs in Janurary...
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:41 am

You lucky grasshopper. I still have one week left.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Black Sword » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Hoping to get a bit of fanficking done today. I only hope because good heavens, it's been a busy week.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:42 am

I am alive! I just spent a week in the hospital due to an abdominal infection and shingles. Saturday through Tuesday night is sort of a blur of fever, pain, and nausea, but I started feeling a bit better after I got my IV pain pump on Tuesday. I am trying to catch up on a week of missed internet, knitting, and video games, and hopefully, I can get back to fanfic (reading and writing) within the next day or so (especially since I'm not allowed to go to work this week).
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Postby carlsojos » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:37 am

I'm getting driven batty by my self-imposed deadlines on several projects, including editing my first fanfic for release (I still can't shake my negative feelings about it) and making an informal primer on how to fly the DGIV-2 and XR2 Ravenstar spaceplanes. Maybe a night of unlimited bowling will clear my head... Then back to work. :?

I could still use another master editor, but I hope to have a few chapters marked for targeted proofreading soon, for those who volunteered for checking just a couple chapters instead of the whole thing.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Black Sword » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 am

@a4th Ow. Just... ow. I really hope you feel better!

@carlosojos How was bowling?
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby carlsojos » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 am

Bowling was pretty fun last night/this morning, think I averaged about 90, since I was out of practice. You should've seen the look on the clerk's face when I paid for my whole night with nothing but coins. :lol: Probably the only downside was that my sister's dog murdered the kitchen trashcan I was out, but overall it was nice to get outta the house for a while.

Now I gotta figure out how a 171 page document shrunk to just 61 pages when I emailed it to someone else.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:26 am

4th: I hope you feel better soon.

I think I just hit a writer's block... I started writing the second part of my fanfic a few days ago, but can't seem to advance it... I know where I want to go, but not HOW... I'm also wondering if three characters I want to include could potentially result offensive, not by how they are, but how they act.

I've also been working on Tanith's request, but I'm NOT happy with the result so far... I'm even considering redoing it again from scratch...

I also started watching Battlestar Galactica (the contemporary one) since I missed lots of episodes from it when it aired, and the dubbing here, for a change, was horrid, added to the fact that I don't like television (weird, huh?). I just saw the first two episodes of the series, after the miniseries. It's awesome. I'm loving every single second of it, especially when Grace Park is onscreen.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby augmentedfourth » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:58 pm

WING-0 wrote:I think I just hit a writer's block... I started writing the second part of my fanfic a few days ago, but can't seem to advance it... I know where I want to go, but not HOW... I'm also wondering if three characters I want to include could potentially result offensive, not by how they are, but how they act.



We're (mostly) adults in here, we can handle it. :P
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 123 guests