Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:02 pm

I wonder what our Argentinian board member, Eleah, is doing at the moment. :P
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Probably having a wank.
Image
User avatar
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Postby Tanith » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:57 am

Well, if Eleah can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqU6dubeUng

She's invited to my next party!

(And through the magic of facebook, I discovered that the dancer in the video is Brazilian and lives in Spain. I'm not sure if that makes him more or less of an annoying Hispanic/Lusitanic/Portug... oh, whatever the hell Brazilians define themselves as (besides Brazilian)).
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Black Sword » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:50 am

@Tanith They're Hispanic. Hispanic relates to ancient Hispania, all the lands that cover the Iberian peninsula. It's unfortunate, but people tend to apply a more limited definition.

@0 I've had few dealings with Spaniards. Their lisps are a bit annoying. Argentines...oy. Don't get me started.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby carlsojos » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:27 am

Being my antisocial self, typing in the corner at a new year's party. Somehow, I wound up showing my flash fic to a couple girls, and they decide to make it a drinking game. I had chosen to make it clean of profanity, so I can't help but admire the irony....

Wish you all a happy new years!
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:06 am

Party ended early, since I don't trust our protectors of law and order...

And SO... I'm going to write some profanity induced fanfiction! Ep 3 will be out when... I can finish it...

Oh, and... My job for these vacations is coming along nicely... I hope I can save enough to grab Valkyria 3, Macross Triangle Frontier and Mass Effect 2... I'm so going to enjoy those games...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Zucca » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:34 am

Strange. I have no hangover.
Half a bottle of Chanpagne left. Oh what a waste. :P Ok. It was the cheapest champagne I could find so I decided to taste it yesterday. Wasn't very good.
Happy new year to everybody.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Tanith » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:37 am

Spent New Year's Eve in the ER with asthmatic bronchitis. Yay.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Black Sword » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 am

@Tanith - ouch! Are you feeling better? Do you want us to send you Rolf in a thong?
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:25 am

Oy, that sucks. Did they at least give you any good meds?
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Postby Tanith » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:40 am

@BS- I'm feeling loads better than yesterday, as any exertion at all was met with dagger-like breaths. (Leave it to my body to take bronchitis and turn it into asthma as well. *grrr*) Thankfully it's not full-blown pneumonia.

And do send a thongy Rolf my way, pretty please.

@AF- Yes, oh yes. I've been given Zithromax (praise be unto Croatian chemists!), which is killing anything and everything even remotely bacterial in my system, so buh-bye, inflamed lungs! Muahaha. I was also given an inhaler to use as needed, but I've only had to use it once since I left the ER.



And now for something completely different:

If you were basing a fantasy race of people after the Gauls, what would you name a single adult female, late 20s, svelte, fair skin, flaxen hair and steel blue eyes, with skills in various primitive weapons (ranged, not melée), confident but not arrogant, sweet but not boring, who travels with her slightly older brother who is her sworn protector (there's an enormous bounty on this woman)?

(Strange question, yeah. I'm in a weird writing mood.)
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby carlsojos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:59 am

Tanith wrote:If you were basing a fantasy race of people after the Gauls, what would you name a single adult female, late 20s, svelte, fair skin, flaxen hair and steel blue eyes, with skills in various primitive weapons (ranged, not melée), confident but not arrogant, sweet but not boring, who travels with her slightly older brother who is her sworn protector (there's an enormous bounty on this woman)?


Massalia? I'm no good with names, and I had to pull up wikipedia to find out what a Gaul is, but that was a noun I found in the article, and it kinda sounds like a name to me. The word was just below a picture of a silver coin with greek lettering, so I think it might fit the bounty part of the profile, if you don't have anything better.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Black Sword » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:05 am

Rolf in a thong emailed to your brain!

...the frell? Um... Edana? Kellan? Riane? Fire, warrior princess, and royalty are the respective meanings.

To sum up your week: in-laws, 600 mile drives, emergency rooms, asthmatic bronchitis, and Gauls.

....ouch. You should have stayed home reading fanfic, Tanith. It would have hurt less.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Tanith » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:09 am

Yay, Rolfie! For some reason he's singing "Copacabana" while thonging around in my brain. I need therapy.

Ooh, some good choices there. Kellan sort of reminds me of the Irish name Caoilfhionn, which would probably be Anglicized as Kealan or Keelan. Massalia is a place name, right? Oh! I see that it is; it's Marseille! How cool! Wow, that's really pretty. Hm, so Kellan and Massalia are in the running now. The brother's name is Cingeto "Getty." Can't really get more Gaulish than that, I suppose.

@BS- Yeah, no kidding. It was a hell of a week. Good riddance. I'm looking forward to reading lots of fanfic (starting with WING-0... I haven't forgotten! And I got your email about Kara; I just need to reinstall winzip so I can see the file) while I'm recovering from bronchsthma.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Black Sword » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:10 pm

@Tanith Eh, if you need therapy, then we all do!

You get plenty of bed rest and breakfast in bed and such. Make sure to have a nice fruit juice (non-alcoholic) cocktail to rebuild your energy while you read. Besides, it's just plain tasty.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 117 guests