Might I ask about people who would volunteer to proofread?

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby carlsojos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 pm

WING-0 wrote:I'm actually having that problem... And I suck ass with dealing with malware... Suggestions?

There are 3 basic ways to treat malware: prevention, repairing, and nuking the whole bleeping thing. For both prevention and repairing, I personally use Comodo Internet Security, because it has a good default-deny behavior for anything it doesn't recognize, until you say it's safe. It also doesn't hurt that it's free, of course (I love free stuff). If you're already infected and your antivirus can't fix the problem, you'll have to nuke your hard drive and start anew. If you have to do that, I can help you prepare a checklist of things to do before and after you wipe the slate clean.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:26 pm

I'll try first to salvage what I can with the program you say before nuking the crap out of everything. The reason is I have some very important files both academic and job related... The others... Are free games (that I can recommend) and my world in Minecraft, which has become quite important because I have built so much in it.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby carlsojos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 pm

WING-0 wrote:I'll try first to salvage what I can with the program you say before nuking the crap out of everything. The reason is I have some very important files both academic and job related... The others... Are free games (that I can recommend) and my world in Minecraft, which has become quite important because I have built so much in it.

Aye. Just PM me if it don't work, and I'll worry about procedures and diagnostics at that point.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Tanith wrote:but thank you for publicly bringing this up.

The sarcasm was lost on me, but now someone explained.

My apologies.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Tanith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 am

I should apologize, too. I was extremely sensitive that day and probably shouldn't have posted that. Sorry. :(
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:52 am

BenoitRen wrote:My apologies.

Tanith wrote:I should apologize, too.

Well, at least this is an out-of-the-way thread that few people read (I count 19 total requests for proofreaders here, and only 3 direct responses). I think both of you deserve a cookie, since you guys resolved before I could finish polishing the dueling swords. 8)
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Re: Might I ask about people who would volunteer to proofrea

Postby carlsojos » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:08 am

I seem to be on a full-throttle roll today, so I need a proofreader for my next little story, titled "Neifirst." 3,006 words, 16,645 characters. New storyline for me, and I feel that it seems a bit more sadistic than most of my previous releases. I don't have a deadline in mind at the moment for this one.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 pm

First off, I'm closing all unanswered requests on the grounds that I'm currently not afraid of them at the moment. Second, I would like a test reader to help me on a little story. 1,468 words, 8,187 characters. A followup from my "Neifirst". My primary concern is actually about the separation between Nei and Neifirst, and I'm not completely sure I picked the best depiction for the story; needing pre-release feedback. It's not in tags yet, since I don't know how much I need to change.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 am

I don't know my work schedule for the rest of the week yet, but if you don't mind waiting until Saturday or Sunday, I can probably take a look then.
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby carlsojos » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:21 am

augmentedfourth wrote:I don't know my work schedule for the rest of the week yet, but if you don't mind waiting until Saturday or Sunday, I can probably take a look then.

Well, I missed Benoit's update today, and that gives me a chance to try a couple last-minute tweaks on the story (and catch up on Black Sword's assignment). Alright. PM me the email address, and I'll send you the document no later than 1800 GMT on the 4th, aiming for 0200 GMT of the same day. I'm going to bed for the night right now.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Previous

Return to Fan stuff