Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Daren » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Edge wrote:For starters, I'm still game to do everything we started... Animations, site, etc... Also, as far as enemies dropping pieces of themselves... Yet another area I already have done... I'll log into Skype, so... Catch up with me bro.

As far as graphics go, I'd stick to one artist... So, see what HTD has for ya... I've recently downloading illegally (sorry!) a Manga Maker... I dunno why... I don't write Manga... Just thought it'd be fun to f**k with, y'know?

Anyhow, nice to seeya have some time free, bro. Holla at ya boy.

That's great Edge, although I'm not ready to do anything yet, I need to finish the graphics before and then I'll start on the game making after. Thanks buddy
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 pm

HTD wrote:Okay it isn't much here.
I swapped your "Nero?" character from being a Rolf/Chaz colour swap.
Made him similar to the style you have so it's not drastic but the little changes work better imo.

It works wonders in my opinion HTD, I'd love to see the walking animation, but like you said you are pretty busy. But I love your version.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 am

We need (/demand) updates!
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Re: Phantasy Star: Genesis

Postby Daren » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:48 am

I know I know, it's been ages I haven't been here and posted something constructive about the game or anything and honestly I don't really have any excuses for it. You know, work, girlfriend, etc, basically life and going through the motions.
I have not been working on the game ever since November and to tell you the truth I'm not sure I'll continue. Reason is, time issues firstly but mostly because of the lack of options RPG Maker 2000 is giving me. If I want my game to look the part then I need it to be better then just another PS game, I need some originality or something different but at the same time keeping the feel of the originals which BTW I think I was doing in a way or two. Sure then you could tell me, "use another Game Maker" and to that I answer sure! But and there's always a but... After all the time I spent making the maps, building the chipsets, etc, I don't have the energy to start over and I'm sure most of you can understand that.
Now that being said, I'm slowly writing a new story that sadly doesn't really have anything to do with any of the PS games, well, sure it does but more in the way of PS3's link to the other three games. But that is something that won't be in production until I know how to make 3D animations which is still a long ways ahead.
I know that's probably not the "update" some of you wanted but I have to admit to myself that making a game takes up a lot of your time which I just don't have anymore and that a project should be a group process instead of a one man show.
I'll probably release my battle animations someday for anyone to use but I need to be certain that I'm not going to finish the game first which is right now, still in production.
I hope you understand and fell free to say anything.

PS: Why did you change the board BTW? I liked to original better, it had more flair to it ;)

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:49 pm

This is why PS game projects should be open source. ;)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby skymandr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:11 pm

*like*
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Zucca wrote:This is why PS game projects should be open source. ;)

I'm not convinced of that, I mean if everyone would just do stuff in the air for everyone, then where would be the originality in our individual games?

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:22 am

Daren wrote:
Zucca wrote:This is why PS game projects should be open source. ;)

I'm not convinced of that, I mean if everyone would just do stuff in the air for everyone, then where would be the originality in our individual games?

Maybe keeping the plot script and some graphics, that would spoil the plot, is wise to keep in our own pocket.
Last edited by Zucca on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 pm

I had the same problem with RM2k, since there's many limitations. RMXP isn't bad if you get the hang of scripting, since there's much more freedom (but I can completely understand the aspect of starting over -- it sucks). Kind of a shame that there's not much going on with PS:G, since there's so much work that's been invested into this project. :(
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Alright, so I had some free time during my vacation and I figured I might as well put it to good use. I didn't feel like starting a new animation nor did I want to remake events that have been stupidly deleted :x Looking at what was left to be done or replaced, I found this.

This was an old chipset I used at the beginning of my project back when I didn't make my own chipset. So I tried my hand at making one and I must admit that I'm a little rusty after all those months of being inactive in photoshop, I will also remind you that it's not finished yet but I like the basic design so far.

I'm not sure about the color of the floor tile...

EDIT

Just a quick update on the progress

Alright Back to work

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:37 am

Well here's the last update for the day.

I'd like your opinion on the floor, those shiny things, I'd like to know if it's just too much.

See ya

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm

I would personally tone the shiny bits down a little and make it blend better. Dude those stairs going down looks awesome.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Daren » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Missagh wrote:I would personally tone the shiny bits down a little and make it blend better. Dude those stairs going down looks awesome.

Yeah that's actually what I'm thinking but I'm having a hard time inventing it, I'm trying to make a tile that would damage the party if they stepped on it like lava would, these are supposed to be sharp little gems stones so that's why I put them shiny. Any ideas?
Thanks BTW, I am pretty proud of those stairs :)

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:58 pm

The plants on the floor (that's what they look like to me, clusters of some kinda vegetation) seem fine if they are indeed poisonous. But if they weren't, then making them blend more with darker colors should do the trick.

An alternative to that, however, could be spikes or something protruding from the floor. I don't think it would suit the cave too well since it doesn't look too jagged in the first place, but it is an idea. =\
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Dreamer wrote:The plants on the floor (that's what they look like to me, clusters of some kinda vegetation) seem fine if they are indeed poisonous. But if they weren't, then making them blend more with darker colors should do the trick.

An alternative to that, however, could be spikes or something protruding from the floor. I don't think it would suit the cave too well since it doesn't look too jagged in the first place, but it is an idea. =\

Yeah they do look like flowers and that's the problem I'm having with them, I took all the yellow out of it and it does look better, but it's not the look I've been trying to display...

The first idea I got was the spikes but I tried the other thing first. Now it's important to know that I've done absolutely nothing when it comes to the various objects for the cave, so spikes could still look good and I just got an idea about something I could do to make it better. Have an animation of spikes coming out of the floor when the heroes step on that particular floor tile, could add some suspense to the game too.

I've also just finish my first original character animation as seen in a charset, it's the Numan character named Lana and it replaces the "edited Nei" I originally used, you can see her on the screen shot and she is based on this battle animation I did of her

I love it when people throw out their ideas like this, thanks guys.

Yeah, that's right
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff