Leveling up, PS2

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Omigosh » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:10 pm

Where on Dezo is the best place to level the characters up?<br>On Mota i found the best way were to kill slugmess and let them reproduce themselves. You could go on forever and collect like 10000 Exp after a while.
Omigosh

Leveling up, PS2

Postby ThePeaGuy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:18 pm

I think you just answered your question.
ThePeaGuy

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Omigosh » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:38 pm

The Problem is there are no more slugmess at this point in the game
Omigosh

Leveling up, PS2

Postby ThePeaGuy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:03 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Omigosh</i><p>The Problem is there are no more slugmess at this point in the game<br></blockquote><p>Ooopppps! Sorry, I misread your topic. My bad. (@)
ThePeaGuy

Leveling up, PS2

Postby DaveGeorge » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:34 pm

Noah is the best place I believe (I count it as "on" Dezo eventhough it really isn't). But maybe you wanted to level up before getting to Noah :) <p>Mind you, I never level up much in this game, heck I have never even got the Megid spell :P<br><p>[size=small][Edit by DaveGeorge on [TIME]1123572357[/TIME]][/size]
DaveGeorge

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Malakai » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:35 pm

The best place to level up without having to deal with getting your hide handed to you every other battle is the dungeon of Ikuto or Naval. The monsters are relatively easy, especially with Hugh's Vol and Savol techs.
Malakai

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Xian Shade » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:05 pm

By the time I'm at Noah, that's when I REALLY need to level up, and even once I have Megid, that only simplifies levelling up. Best XP at that point is two MXDRGN's. They can usually be taken out with one Megid blast, and if you're only levelling up one or two people, that's all the better to use it. At the same time, you can alternate by keeping the amber robe (I think it was in the yellow dam, I can't remember) and using it to heal that specific character. Infinite uses are good, and make sure you have the snow crown to defend against SOME of the attacks. Remember if you're just using Rolf in Noah to level up, you're only one target against many. The only other hard hitters that give off a lot of exp are monsters that I can't remember the name of... invisiblish monsters that use an energy sword or something... (damn I need to start playing again and learn my monsters) but usually they show up with Mesomen or something related... those undead wrestler guys. Just beware of poison when fighting them, and keep an antidote handy, because the amber robe won't do much good then.
Xian Shade

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Synbios » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:37 am

Not only Amber Robe, you can also abuse of Crescent Gear, Aegis and Truth Sleeves, hehehehe.<p>And my favorite place to gain levels is Ikuto Dungeon. Unlike Naval, I always apend a lot of time there.
Synbios

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Muuuu teki » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:43 pm

Crescent gear is broken. 'Nuff said.
Muuuu teki

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Saner2 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:54 am

the onlyequipment I know that is useful as an item is Snow Crown (deband). what does crescent gear do?
Saner2

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Synbios » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:11 am

Crescent Gear= Gires.
Synbios

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Saner2 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:16 am

whoa!! free <b>GiRes</b>?!!?!?!?!?! O_O <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Saner2 on [TIME]1123996596[/TIME]][/size]
Saner2

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Muuuu teki » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:57 pm

Storm gear is even more broken. Screw weapons, just use IT (for your spellcasters).
Muuuu teki

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Forge » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:53 am

Okay, so what does the Storm Gear do?<p>I found the Storm Crown very useful...
Forge

Leveling up, PS2

Postby Malakai » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:44 pm

The Storm Gear acts as GiZan when used in combat. Very useful for the members of the party who have weaker attack power to utilize when you want to conserve TP.<p>And you mean the Snow Crown, right? ;) <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Malakai on [TIME]1124127897[/TIME]][/size]
Malakai

Next

Return to Phantasy Star