looking for artists for PS-inspired game (paid gig)

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

looking for artists for PS-inspired game (paid gig)

Postby ether_joe » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Hey everybody, I'm an indie game developer working on a game inspired by PS, for Android. I'm a huge PS fan and this is a kind of homage to that game. Similar gameplay, similar art style, but all new / original story, characters and art.

I'm looking for artists to contribute... this is paid work where I buy your work for a one-time fee and then I own it. Paying through paypal and I'll pay the paypal fee (actually I'll just add a bit more to cover the fee + a cup of starbucks, lol).

Anyhow, if anybody is interested, there will be a website up soon with more details on the game, but for now you can email me at ether.joe at gmail dott com or you can PM me here.

Thanks!!
Last edited by ether_joe on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ether_joe
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: looking for artists for PS-inspired game (paid gig)

Postby Missagh » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Very cool, what type of artists are you looking for? Sprites? Give us some details please!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby ether_joe » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Sprites are cool! Basically we've got three types of screens as I see it

1) battle screen
2) adventure / walking screen
3) shops / story cutscenes

Right now I'm working on the adventure screen, which is 32x32 tiles, or maybe 64x64 since resolutions are getting so much better. Also walking animations, four frame animations, size of 64x96. My first map I'm thinking of a snow and mountain scene with a river, so snow tile, river tile, maybe a cottage.

I've got some art already for the battle screen, and I'll upload a screenshot. I think it's cool! I am open to feedback!

interested artists can email me at:
ether.joe at gmail dott com
Attachments
acolyte_battle.png
acolyte_battle.png (62.95 KiB) Viewed 9715 times
Last edited by ether_joe on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ether_joe
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Missagh » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:56 pm

First artist that comes in mind is Haaiku, you can view some of his work here and here. What is the pay like? :P
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby ether_joe » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:02 pm

$25 an hour, does that sound about right? I am self-financed for a little while until I have enough of the game complete to find investors.

I paid ~$125 each for the images you see (above) which includes the standing image and a four-frame attack animation.

I'm especially interested in some good looking tiles, so if anybody has talent in that area egggcelent. But I'm also interested in meeting enthusiastic talented artists in general. I am a bit of an artist myself but a) I kind of still suck and b) I need to focus on executing on the programming side. So gotta meet more people!

Thanks!
ether_joe
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to General Discussion