PSG2 - Secrets (Spoilers, obviously!)

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

PSG2 - Secrets (Spoilers, obviously!)

Postby Zzasikar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm going to go ahead and assume that anyone reading these boards already knows that Nei can be revived in the remake, but I figured I would be discreet just in case.

Sorry to ask one more thing of the poor (and glorious!) folks who have already put in an excruciating amount of work over the course of the translation, but was the exact method to revive Nei discovered or is the only known way to pull it off still complete the game once and talk to everyone/do everything?

Additionally, if you've fulfilled the criteria for her revival, does that mean you've also automatically fulfilled the criteria for unlocking the Animal Claw once you get to Skure?

Thanks again for all your hard work to everyone involved. Really looking forward to playing the beta once I get enough spare time!
Zzasikar
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: PSG2 - Secrets (Spoilers, obviously!)

Postby Missagh » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Moving this to the Phantasy Star board.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby xrick » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:39 am

That could, surely, come quite in handy for the many playing the game and with a desire to play with her until the end.
Looking for supporters of SEGA finishing & localising PSTrilogy: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?404512-Phantasy-Star-Generation-Trilogy-Misc-Stuff
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby TheSegaDude » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:20 pm

I'd be one of those people who would really love to be able to play with Nei in the group right to the end of the game. So, of course, I'd also love to know the exact details.
It's a shame that we might have to play PSG2 twice to be able to experience this but that's not as bad as having to trigger every single possible dialog up until the Nei First encounter. *That's some of what I've read on the Internet about Nei's resurrection requirements.* That feels way too easy to miss something by mistake.
But regardless I am so grateful that I'm now able to play the game at all. This will be great! I just started last night
Sega Dude
http://retromegabit.com
TheSegaDude
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zzasikar » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 am

I got around to playing this the over the last week. After speedrunning through the game once, I successfully revived Nei last night with the aid of the gamefaqs guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/916725-sega ... faqs/47914) and a very useful excert from a post by UniqueUserName:

When you get Teim, talk to everyone in every town and examine all "destroyed buildings" in her home town. Also, repeat this process after she leaves your party.
Examine all bodies found on the floor (her kidnappers), there is more than one.
At Roron Dump talk to all Motavians several times using Consult before and after each one, and after receiving the Scooter but before touching it talk to the ALL one more time, including the ones in the North section of Roron.
Don't forget to pay for the Polymetryl twice, by giving it to the wrong Motavian first and getting the "no backsies" message and see the few different messages of the guy that sells it to you.
Also, some NPC's dialog changes after certain events talk to every person in every town after something major happens. Especially Phllip and Nanette's Grandfather... there was a few messages that only appeared at weird intervals... like before and after you check the broken bridge you get two different kinds of "no no" messages before you get sent to Kueris.
Before going to meet NeiFirst make one last town run and talk with everyone with every character you have, in your home, two by two. That's how I got the necklace finally... and Phillip's further weather reports after that lol.
I hope one of those was a forehead slapper for you and you get it this time.
Good Luck!

I made some saves up along the way in an attempt to verify some of the information out there but honestly the process is so grueling I was pretty burnt after testing just a few things.

I can say for certain that just completing each party member's 'quests', talking to the Governor before/after picking up a new character, backtracking to talk to everyone after the major events and being "pretty sure" you've seen everything is not enough. It takes some real diligence in regards to spamming L1 and going back and talking to everyone after every minor event until you want to throw yourself out of the nearest window.

The only thing I discovered (mainly due to it being pretty easy to test) which hasn't been mentioned before as far as I have seen is that you don't have to beat Neifirst with Nei. If you've met all the requirements you can let her fall to her nemesis and kill the cheeky wench with Eusis/Rolf instead. I know that's not exactly the most useful information, but hey it's better than nothing right?!

I'd highly suggest to anyone endeavouring to do it right the first time around to concentrate and not cut corners - you really do just want to aim to see every line of dialogue out there. Back-up saves are great but really they are only useful if you know you've messed something up like missing a time sensitive trigger(like Anne/Amy's Trimate scene) since if you get back to Paseo after beating down Neifirst and the cloning jerk tells you your lovely biomonster companion's cells have seen better days, you're probably going to have no idea where you went wrong and will pretty much have to start over anyway. Perhaps the revival trigger is based on something weird like just hitting a predesignated (extremely high!) percentage/ratio of unique text messages seen along with some mandatory ones like the 'quests'.
Zzasikar
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Zzasikar » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:37 am

In regards to the Animal Claw: It is available from the southeasternmost room in Skure B3F from one of the muskcats. I believe that if you have fulfilled the conditions for reviving Nei you should also have no problem obtaining the claw. As I found mentioned on a random forum in a post I probably couldn't find again, you do need Rudger/Rudo in your party in order to trigger the dialogue. Something I did not find mentioned elsewhere, however, is that you need the Magic (NOT Mogic) Hat equipped in order for the cat to give you the correct response. It's a minor thing, but it had me scratching my head for a moment or two.

Once you've got Rudger/Rudo and Nei both alive in your party, the Silver Bullet Necklace in your inventory and the correct cap equipped, you can just walk up to the muskcat (there are two, so try both) and talk to it to start the short event.

One other, fairly unrelated thing to note - Nei makes the game very (VERY!) easy. I knew she was going to be strong before I started the playthrough so I self-enforced a bunch of restrictions because I like a good challenge in a game, but I didn't realise it would be this bad. She is a lightning-fast powerhouse with insane stats, above average attack which goes off the charts once she acquires the Animal Claw, fantastic support techniques and is a walking hospital with the best healing techniques in the game along with an effectively infinite TP pool to use those techniques with (not just for her but also for any other character you bring along!) thanks to her ridiculous Last Force skill.

I'm pretty sure you could solo the game with Nei fairly easily without even needing to use items if you resurrect Eusis/Rolf temporarily to get around the locked story dialogues you can't initiate with him dead. Dark Force possession might be the only problem.
Zzasikar
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:41 pm

So for fun, I decided to try giving way the polymetryl to one of the "incorrect" Motavians... and you can give it not just two, but three Motavians in south Roron! So do you need to spend 30,000 meseta to save Nei?!
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby chi89333 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Greetings

I just happened to put together a step by step process sketch note on Nei resurrection process after taking pointers from all the FAQS present on the net, this is after 4 failed attempts.

I am playing on PCSX2 emulator, in the fifth attempt i used some codes and i wish to share with those whom are creating the first clear save file. Please DO NOT use the Nei resurrection code in first game that is needed to create the clear save Phantasy star generations 2 file.

The codes that i used in the fifth attempt include level up codes and items codes. This does NOT affect the resurrection process.

I am just sharing what i went through after 4 grinding failed attempts at resurrecting Nei.

One note: Gihon at Kueris does have a unique dialogue with Nei when you speak to her after Nei is resurrected.
Attachments
Nei resurrection.rar
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 1026 times
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SandyLandale » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Thank you, chi! Do you mind if I correct the spelling errors and fix up the format of your guide a little?

I have a question. What does it mean for "Rudger to go see the dialogue about three different people"? Is there someone in Paseo who mentions three different people, or does it mean that Rudger has to go talk to Daniel, Isabel, and Titus?
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby chi89333 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Greetings

Thank you very much SandyLandale:). I will be most glad for you to do the verification and format change for me . With regards to Is there someone in Paseo who mentions three different people, or does it mean that Rudger has to go talk to Daniel, Isabel, and Titus? Rudger has to talk to these 3 persons Daniel, Isabel, and Titus in Paseo.

I am doing another Nei Resurrection run, this time only speaking to key characters omitting the rest of the the NPC, just wanna see if it is required for so many dialogues to be unlocked for Nei Resurrection or can she be resurrected by just completing the key NPCs' dialogues?
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby xrick » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Good luck with that, it surely helps a lot. It sure seemed such a tedious task at first.
Looking for supporters of SEGA finishing & localising PSTrilogy: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?404512-Phantasy-Star-Generation-Trilogy-Misc-Stuff
xrick
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby SandyLandale » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:02 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yea1zdadn ... i89333.txt

(If the above link doesn't work, try here - https://www.mediafire.com/?yea1zdadnbbkvqi)

Here is the spell-checked guide on my MediaFire. I kept all credit to chi intact. This looks like a pretty daunting process!
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:40 pm

chi89333 wrote:I am doing another Nei Resurrection run, this time only speaking to key characters omitting the rest of the the NPC, just wanna see if it is required for so many dialogues to be unlocked for Nei Resurrection or can she be resurrected by just completing the key NPCs' dialogues?

Heroic! Hat off for you! :D
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby chi89333 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:55 am

Greetings

Sorry guys :( i have tried just by omitting a few NPCs here and there like not talking to all Motavians and only one trip with ploymetryl in Roron dump and missing a few NPCs that say welcome to Paseo and Kueris etc and a few consults. The result is as you all know after Amedas, the clone dude says Nei CANNOT be resurrected.

Incidentally by missing these NPCs i noted something in order to trigger certain in game events like Luke saying to consult Enos for advice in Zema and Gabrielle saying on how to identity the mauera tree in Uzo island, i have to talk to just about every NPC in that particular town and the town before just to trigger that particular dialogue.

So seems that to resurrect Nei , we have to really dig up more dialogues .......
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Missagh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm thinking, should we add chi's guide to the PSG1 download page? Could be useful and seems like many people are asking for this...

EDIT: I mean the PSG2 game pages.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Next

Return to Phantasy Star