Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2

Postby triplerdeuce » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:12 am

First pass in Optano:
Bug033.JPG
Bug033.JPG (100.94 KiB) Viewed 16749 times

Bug034.JPG
Bug034.JPG (102.01 KiB) Viewed 16749 times

Display error: Name changes during the conversation in Optano. First dialog box shows as Jody and next dialog box shows Judith.
Emulator: PCSX2 1.4.0
ISO: PSGEN2-RC2-V2.iso

I believe this was already found on console, but found it while running on emulator as well.
Bug035.JPG
Bug035.JPG (61.74 KiB) Viewed 16749 times

Display error: Missed translation in Optano at Maestro Aventino’s house.
ISO: PSGEN2-RC2-V2.iso
triplerdeuce
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Goldenboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 am

It's sunday! Time for a new release!

Thanks to triplerdeuce's accurate reportings (and TheSegaDude) I've made some adjustments.

Here the list of FIXES/Improvements of Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation V2f:

1) COMPLETELY REBUILD Phantasy Star Generation 2 with NEW ALGORING VERSION posted by Blaw-
2) LIST of FIXES:
a) Display error: Missed translation in Optano at Maestro Aventino’s house.
b) Display error: Name changes during the conversation in Optano with Jody/Judith. The correct one is Jody.
c) Display error: Spelling error for Leah’s name.
d) Display error: Spelling error for Cain’s name.
e) Display error: Spelling error for the Sword description.
f) Display error: Issue with the name Esther. First conversation with her in Arimaya.
g) Display error: Extra space between window- shopping. Armor Shop in Paseo.
h) Display error: Spelling error for Teim’s name. A quick SEARCH & REPLACE ALL resolved our INCONSISTENCY issues 8-) 8-) 8-)

[SCREENSHOTS]

Image Image Image Image

PS: All display error found in the emulator were present also in CD version since they are scripting error...so thanks again triplerdeuce for your accurate way of playing/debugging the game (definitely in the CREDIT section).

Please Download new version in OP and let me know....
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SandyLandale » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Oh, that reminds me. Speaking of the credits section, I have 2 names that need to be added to PSGEN2's--they're the people who tested the game on real hardware first. I'll send you a PM with them, since one of them uses his full name.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby triplerdeuce » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:21 am

Awesome!!! Thanks!!!
I downloaded the new release and I verified most of those fixes. Still going through the game and here are some more things I saw.

Bug037.JPG
Bug037.JPG (66.73 KiB) Viewed 16724 times

Grammar error: When returning the System Recorder in Paseo. The sentence “We’ll discover what caused of all these Biomonsters soon.” sounds awkward. Suggestion could be, “We’ll discover what caused all of these Biomonsters soon.”
Version: PSGEN2-RC2-V2f

Bug038.JPG
Bug038.JPG (71.14 KiB) Viewed 16724 times

Display error: Talking to the Governor after visiting the library. Extra space between “a researcher and is”.

I had a quick question about the text color for displaying the Key Items in dialog boxes. I have noticed the Key Items, Happiness Ring and Tube Key, sometimes have white text color and sometimes they have pink/purple text color. Below are the examples. Not sure if it was displayed in white text in the actual game before the translation or not. I didn't know if they should all be in that pink/purple text? I have the locations of these screenshots if needed.

triplerdeuce
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby SandyLandale » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 am

Aren't item names in white when you obtain them out of a chest? I admit it's been awhile.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby triplerdeuce » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:59 am

Item names are white when you obtain them out of a chest. But I am not sure about Key Items from a chest like the two chests containing Dynamite inside of the Old Shuren Factory. Unfortunately, I don't have a save around that period of the game to check. Either way, I don't think it is a big issue. Just an observation.

Bug043.JPG
Bug043.JPG (78.86 KiB) Viewed 16718 times

Display error: Meeting Keinz for the first time, the town’s name is spelled “Lyume”. I believe it should be spelled “Lume”. The Governor spells it "Lume" when talking to him after meeting Keinz.
triplerdeuce
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby triplerdeuce » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:51 pm

These happen after getting the Movatian Ring.

Bug044.JPG
Bug044.JPG (99.71 KiB) Viewed 16703 times

Display error: After handing over the Maruera Berries in Kueris, misspelled name, “Motavien”. Should be “Motavian”.

Bug045.JPG
Bug045.JPG (93.33 KiB) Viewed 16703 times

Display error: Talking to the Motavian in southern Optano with Amia in the party after obtaining the Motavian Ring, misspelled name, “Motavien”. Should be “Motavian”. (Conversation only happens once)
triplerdeuce
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Goldenboy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:16 pm

I had a quick question about the text color for displaying the Key Items in dialog boxes. I have noticed the Key Items, Happiness Ring and Tube Key, sometimes have white text color and sometimes they have pink/purple text color. Below are the examples. Not sure if it was displayed in white text in the actual game before the translation or not. I didn't know if they should all be in that pink/purple text? I have the locations of these screenshots if needed.

I'll try to give a technical answer for you question:
The Key Items but more in general EVERY item INGAME is stored in a file of SLPM (exe of the game), this file DOESN'T SUPPORT COLOR FLAG ence you will ALWAYS have white color for every item (acquired, found, buyed, stored, etc etc).
A different thing, instead, are the key items cited in TEXT BOXES, these are simple text stored in the EVENT.DAT file (and not the real objects like in the SLPM) ence can be colored with the GAME SUPPORTED FLAG eg. [PURPLE][GREEN][BLU][YELLOW] etc. etc.
I hope I was clear....

PS: Thanks again for the NEW REPORTS!!!....they will be FIXED in the next release ;)
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby triplerdeuce » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:06 am

No problem. Thanks for the explanation!

Bug046.JPG
Bug046.JPG (103.18 KiB) Viewed 16692 times

Display error: Item name “Titatnium Chestplate” is misspelled. It should be “Titanium Chestplate”.
triplerdeuce
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Blaw- » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 pm

triplerdeuce wrote:Awesome!!! Thanks!!!
I downloaded the new release and I verified most of those fixes. Still going through the game and here are some more things I saw.

Bug037.JPG

Grammar error: When returning the System Recorder in Paseo. The sentence “We’ll discover what caused of all these Biomonsters soon.” sounds awkward. Suggestion could be, “We’ll discover what caused all of these Biomonsters soon.”

Bug038.JPG

Display error: Talking to the Governor after visiting the library. Extra space between “a researcher and is”.

It's normal for the colored texts in the main script. It's also like that in japanese, it's to highlight the important things/words in the text.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby SandyLandale » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 am

hey Blaw-, any word on PSGEN1 yet?
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Blaw- » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:41 am

Not yet. He said me to contact him next weekend so I did (it was the previous one) so I'm waiting for his answer.

He always answer me (even if it's take some times) so I'll wait a few more days before contacting him again.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:51 am

@Goldenboy This is pretty next level, fantastic job! I have been following your progress on this project. I am thinking we could release this version on the main site once all the reported issues are resolved. What do you think? There are MAAAANY fans who would love to get their hands on it who don't skim through the forums anymore.

Keep it up!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Goldenboy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:31 pm

@Missagh

Yeah i think that's fantastic! That's the main goal of the poject :D

As i said in the OP, when all the erros will be ironed out i'll release also a PS4 VERSION so every fan can play on EVERY SONY CONSOLE (not only PS2).
Goldenboy
Locusta
Locusta

Postby triplerdeuce » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 am

Found during item creation.
Bug048.JPG
Bug048.JPG (103.09 KiB) Viewed 16581 times

Bug049.JPG
Bug049.JPG (100.63 KiB) Viewed 16579 times

Display error: Description for the Wind Dagger and Windblade Cane has the Zan / Wind sprites on the same line as where the equipped by name is displayed.
triplerdeuce
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff