Proof that The Old Man is not Myau

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:50 pm

uh-huh! Oh thinking is so hard, why do it? *bobs head side-to-side*
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Benoit » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:11 pm

Why wouldn't it make sense?<p>ANY Musk Cat can eat a Laerma Nut and grow wings!
Benoit

Postby Malakai » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:33 pm

It doens't make sense because I SAY SO!! Only Myau could eat the Laerma Nuts because he's the only one who could stomach them!! AHAHAHA!!!<p>[/Ein]
Malakai

Postby Alis in Wonderland » Mon May 02, 2005 1:31 am

My take on the debate:<p>There's no conclusive proof whether the old man is Myau or not. <br>It's a tiny scene in the game and just too vague to be interpreted.<br>It might be vague for a reason.<br> <br>The creators of ps4 might not have wanted it to be a prominent scene but just wanted to provide some background info on the musk cats and an interesting side quest involving a very powerful item. <br>It has references to PS1 but we already know musk cats survived past PS1- they're in PS2. <br>If Myau, the most important character in the whole game IMO, was really there, they would have developed it a little more, like the large section of the plot devoted to Rune being a Lutz. It wouldn't just be an optional side quest.<p>Another possibility is that they leave it ambiguous on purpose to make the plot more interesting... the old man is like Schroedinger's Myau except that you can't unscrew the lid. Look at all the discussion... people are thinking about the true meaning of Phantasy Star a lot more than if there was just some obvious Myau cameo scene. I be peopl replayd it a fair few times to check out what exactly did happen in the myst vale sequence.<p>If you really want there to be a myau or not a myau, just pick one and proceed as if it were true. <p>[size=small][Edit by Alis in Wonderland on [TIME]1114997907[/TIME]][/size]
Alis in Wonderland

Postby Elpenor » Sat May 28, 2005 1:52 am

I'm sorry if this thread is too old to reply to... However, it is only the second page.<p>Is it possible that when it is mentioned that the Tusk is handed down through generations, it is speaking not that Myau passed it down to Myau's child, etc. but that Myau, who I always assumed was the Old Man, literally passed the Tusk from the first generation of heroes, to the newest generation of heroes.<br>While playing PS4 I always got the assumption that Myau was the Old Man, though this thread makes some very good points.
Elpenor

Postby Monocromatico » Sat May 28, 2005 4:01 am

It is possible. They don´t mention whose generations it was passed down through. Actually, it could have been passed down through many generations *before* Lassic´s minions stole it and Myau recovered it in Iala Cave.
Monocromatico

Postby Shell Presto » Sat May 28, 2005 5:31 am

You know, I bet half the American confusion comes from the American PS4 strategy guide. It says that the Old Man <i>is</i> Myau. Of course, it also strongly hints that Alys is Alis' reincarnation.
Shell Presto

Postby Benoit » Sat May 28, 2005 9:23 am

<blockquote>Actually, it could have been passed down through many generations *before* Lassic´s minions stole it and Myau recovered it in Iala Cave.</blockquote><br>The Silver Tusk is bought in a shop.
Benoit

Postby Monocromatico » Sat May 28, 2005 7:35 pm

Well... generations of shop keepers, then :^)
Monocromatico

Re: Proof that The Old Man is not Myau

Postby zio_falz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:24 am

It doesnt have the souls of the guardians of algol. it contains their wills. which exist, alive or dead.
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star