Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt...

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt...

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 am

Well, despite the subject making you think I'm selling lingerie, I'm referring to a new series.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is perhaps the most refreshing animation produced this year for me. The animation reminds me of Genndy Tartakowsky's works, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack.

The story, however, is a completely different ballgame. It's about two angels that are down here on Earth and their struggles to stop ghosts from messing with people.

Sounds generic, right?

My answer would be yes...

It's not...

The angels are Panty, a blonde, promiscuous female angel who likes... well, sleeping with men in either her room, Immoral Motel (yes, that's its name) and uses a gun called Backless, which is actually... Her lower underwear.

Stocking is a Goth Loli angel with an addiction to sugar who uses her stockings as... a sword.

Garterbelt is a tall, apparently muscular black priest with a huge afro and an apparently annoyed disposition towards his two... well... charges.

The animation is weird (for an anime), but the content is hilarious. I found myself laughing my ass off at the whole dual episode combo.

Highly recommended.

Oh, and Semix... I'm sure you hear even worse things than what you might find in this series... I know I did. Sometimes I don't understand why most adults flip over and go "NOOOOOOOOO!!! THE INNOCENCE OF MINORRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!"

Watch at your own discretion, people!!
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt...

Postby Semix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:32 pm

WING-0 wrote:

Oh, and Semix... I'm sure you hear even worse things than what you might find in this series... I know I did. Sometimes I don't understand why most adults flip over and go "NOOOOOOOOO!!! THE INNOCENCE OF MINORRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!"



I've seen Kiss X Sis - So I should be fine with this. Also thanks for the mention, makes me feel speshul
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt...

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Semix wrote:
WING-0 wrote:

Oh, and Semix... I'm sure you hear even worse things than what you might find in this series... I know I did. Sometimes I don't understand why most adults flip over and go "NOOOOOOOOO!!! THE INNOCENCE OF MINORRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!"



I've seen Kiss X Sis - So I should be fine with this. Also thanks for the mention, makes me feel speshul


Just pointing that despite your age, you should still be responsible about what you watch. Letting other people decide is not a very good idea (unless they're your parents), especially a bad idea if they're retrograde minded religious coots with no regard for other opinions but their own.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt...

Postby Semix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm

WING-0 wrote:
Semix wrote:
WING-0 wrote:

Oh, and Semix... I'm sure you hear even worse things than what you might find in this series... I know I did. Sometimes I don't understand why most adults flip over and go "NOOOOOOOOO!!! THE INNOCENCE OF MINORRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!"



I've seen Kiss X Sis - So I should be fine with this. Also thanks for the mention, makes me feel speshul


Just pointing that despite your age, you should still be responsible about what you watch. Letting other people decide is not a very good idea (unless they're your parents), especially a bad idea if they're retrograde minded religious coots with no regard for other opinions but their own.


Be my new dad?
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Nah. =P
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Semix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 pm

But your so cool =D
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent


Return to Anime / Manga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests

cron