Phantasy Star Journal by Paulo Aquino

Day 3

Last time we saw princess Alis and her friends, they were beating the tar out of some Fishman of five HP levels. I was thinking, wouldn't it be convenient if we had a specific point where we could only battle Barbrians with eight HP levels? If you don't want to fight them, just talk to them! I would like even to tell here about an occasion when we battled a Tarantul with two HP levels. The spider shot its web over Alis. Noah said to me: Untangle Alis! I will fry these things with my Thunder!. I didn't wait until he said it twice. Do I need to mention how Alis reacted? Hehehehehe...

When the beautiful red-haired girl reached lv. 20 (!!), we went to that tunnel, in a hidden area at Camineet spaceport. The usual, some annoying Green Slimes, some Wing Eyes, a hidden room with a guy doing who-knows-what, and we came to a crumbling village, named Gothic. I remembered having many Colas (by fighting many Barbrians with EIGHT HP levels), I gave a Cola to Alis... The other ones were used to get info. I just wanted to know why those beggars are also called "hobos".

Triad prison, eh?! I see... Our first trip to Triad was even a tranquil one. Huh?! A Tarantul told us about the Polymetryl, which dissolves everything except laconia? How weird, last time we faced a Tarantul, only Noah could talk to him, and even via Tele? A friend in Bortevo, a village which was isolated by the volcanic eruption (at least the volcano had no weird unpronounceable name like that one in Iceland)? I won't forget it! Another corridor is locked but, I have the key. So, I am a clever videogamer, ain't I? A robot named Hapsby? Made of laconia? Hmmm... Whoa dude!! Myau suspected a chest and used Trap! Thanks a lot, buddy! A SKELETON WITH FIVE HP LEVELS? OK, guys! Myau and Odin attack! Alis uses Fire and Noah uses Thunder! Alis spear-heads the attack, crisping the bone-packs! Victory!! An easy one, indeed! There's a door left... So there's Dr. Luveno! We need the spaceship, because later our Passports will be confiscated and the spaceport will be closed! I obviously didn't say this to that guy but I was about to make him have a fist sandwich. Odin stopped me. In the end Doc agreed. The guy in that tunnel was Dr. Luveno's assistant. And Doc has already started to work! Meanwhile, do you remember that I wanted to search the Miracle Key? Off to Baya Malay prison! Noah, you learned Open, didn't you?! Armor? Guaron? If you are lying, you are already dead, dezorian! All who face Lassic lose their souls to his magic? Yeah, right! And I'm Lindsay Lohan! There even was a woman fearing to be sacrificed by Lassic! Damn him!!

Passing through the volcano (I didn't remember Baya Malay was a volcano), I enter the fortress for the first time. After some ladders, I meet an old soothsayer named Damor. Alis volunteered to talk to the soothsayer. Alex Ossale? Huh?! Who is Alex Ossale? Is he related to Alex Kidd? Ah, Damor the soothsayer acknowledged Alis' dazzling beauty! Lucky him, because if he said other things... Alis got a Magic Crystal. It will be very useful in the future. The Miracle Key? A new incursion (before, we had Myau use Exit). On our way, we battled a Reaper. Myau disarmed a trap in a treasure chest and we finally got the Miracle Key! Back to Gothic! Ah, we sold the Passport! Luveno spaceship is ready, but it won't go anywhere unless we find a robot pilot! Hmmmm... Going to Bortevo, we met lava, but as Alis and Myau were at lv. 20 and Odin and Noah at lv. 19, I didn't get worried! A cave, we had to turn around a whole coast, and we arrived in the whistle-stop Loar. Laerma trees grow on the Altiplano Plateau, on Dezoris? Altiplano Plateau? What a funny name! What if it was Deep Valley instead? Ah, finally! We came in Albion (not Cepheus Albion)!

I bought the Polymetryl and two Laser Shields (laser shields, how crazy! ...). An unknown man performing experiments on animals? And he had a strange pot? We crossed the labyrinth to a small island in the city and... What a screechy awful voice! Ah, he wants Myau, eh? So come and get it! Noah demonstrated my trust when we fought Dr. Mad. Noah planned the double magic wall with Myau, and Dr. Mad was destroyed. We made it all the way back to Bortevo and used the Polymetryl on the junk pile! Ta-dah! Hapsby is working again! Now the Luveno can set out on the journey! Watch out, Motavia, there we go!

In Uzo I bought a Light Saber for Alis (she will feel like Seiun Kamen Machineman... A 1984 tokusatsu show). When we heard about a certain flute, we went back to Palma and then to an alley in Gothic, where we found the Soothing Flute. When Alis played it for the first time, the melody produced by the Soothing Flute reacted with our minds and also with Alis' energy, it was like if the melody sounded like a prayer. This made Noah say that Alis possesses a powerful mystical energy.

Back to Uzo, we went south, looking for the Casba cave (is it me or I remembered a The Clash's song?) First, we thought we would get lost. It was then we met Blue Dragon. We destroyed the monster (imagine your favorite tokusatsu scene) and got the Amber Eye. Casba village, we finally arrived! Days to conquer magic beasts? It may have been so long... So there's the Landrover! Now this is where the fun begins! Money? That's not a problem! After riding the entire motavian surface with the Landrover, we went now to the icy planet Dezoris!

In Skure, I bought new weapons for the party members, I went back to Palma and got the Hovercraft. Just to shorten this story, you know! No frigging way I'm doing all that stuff again! With the Hovercraft, we had a new ride, this time over the waters. I even found Drasgow and even the Gasmask!

And I'll make more mischief ahead!

MY HEAVEN IS ALIS' HEAVEN

Next day

Join Phantasy Star Cave discord server and hang out with other RPG buffs. It’s free. Let’s beat quarantine boredom together!