
Finally! Someone who shares the same opinion as me! I tried arguing this point with someone else...and they seemed to have an explanation for everything.Del_Ian wrote:Yeah, nobody knows the actual date(Or if there was one, for that matter).
The date that became Christmas was, like many church holidays, originally a pagan holiday, which got adopted for Christmas since it was easier to get converts that way - Hey, come to our side, our God is the right one, and you can even keep your old holidays! Many non-church related traditions still retain something of the old Pagan festivities, actually.






Tsu wrote:Finally! Someone who shares the same opinion as me! I tried arguing this point with someone else...and they seemed to have an explanation for everything.Del_Ian wrote:Yeah, nobody knows the actual date(Or if there was one, for that matter).
The date that became Christmas was, like many church holidays, originally a pagan holiday, which got adopted for Christmas since it was easier to get converts that way - Hey, come to our side, our God is the right one, and you can even keep your old holidays! Many non-church related traditions still retain something of the old Pagan festivities, actually.
I'll admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject, but then again I don't really care to bother with looking up the details on everything. I dunno, I kind of think the whole Christmas concept is a lie, as the true origins of Christmas aren't really all that cheerful from what I've gathered.
And Triwren, I thought that the definition of a Satanist is one who worships Satan? o_O If you don't do that, then wouldn't you fall under another category? Just curious.


Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 94 guests