Why does america suck?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Why does america suck?

Postby zoothe » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:07 am

America sucks just as much as any of the other screwed up countires out there. They each have their own flaws and plus sides. There are a lot of times that I'm like "God I hate this f**king country!" but then I think about the fact that it could be a whole lot worse.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1109981267[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe
 

Why does america suck?

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:17 am

Does your topic have any political stand-point or reason? Because you can bash Bush or the U.S all you want, but if you don't have a grounded, credible reason, I won't care.
LaconianShot
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:47 am

Only with Freedom of speech can people spout of ridiculous statements like that...<p>He doesn't count the fact that the US is better compared to communist countries. If he's so hateful of the US and the freedoms it gives, He needs to give up his freedoms and move to China.<p>But wait, if he does that, He'll complain China is such a bad place. <p>There are worse countries than the US, But it goes back to IBM and Microsoft. Why won't people bitch out IBM like they do microsoft? IBM Is more guilty than they could ever hope to me. The answer: It's the in thing to bitch about microsoft. You're 1337 if you do. And the fact that IBM doesn't care. <p>He's only bashing the US because his friends think he's 1337 and COOL for doing so. <p>He should be greatful people have freedoms in one country, when in others they don't.
Lord Khyron
 

Why does america suck?

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:20 am

America defenitely has it's problems, but I find that the citizens of America have it quite easy compared to the citizens in <i>many</i> countries.<br><blockquote>He's only bashing the US because his friends think he's 1337 and COOL for doing so.</blockquote> <br>Hm, quite possibly. If you have an actual opinion, or a reason, that's a different matter, but if you make such an ambiguous statement, I expect you to back it up, Ghost_Stalker.
LaconianShot
 

Why does america suck?

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:38 am

WARNING! WARNING! This thread has gone political! Duck and cover!
HuBBsDoctor
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Mage1 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:55 am

You mean like debates?<p>*Ducks and hides under near table*<p>This might be a war, like a topic long for the thread.<br>Who is perticapating in the "political"?
Mage1
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Siren » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:12 am

*bombs drop*<p>HAHAHA! DIE YOU BASTARDS!<p>*missles fire*<p>YOU AND YOUR BELIEFS WILL PERISH!<p>*machine gun fire* <p>I HATE YOU! AND I HATE THE MUSIC YOU LIKE! (er...)<p>Ah. Politics. That was a refreshing debate. I'm glad I made my stance clear...
Siren
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Benoit » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:18 pm

Eh... Since the original poster doesn't even explain the origin of his question, this topic is pretty useless...<br> <blockquote>He should be greatful people have freedoms in one country, when in others they don't.</blockquote><br>That sounds to me like ignoring the fact that there are other countries than the US and the communist countries.<br> <blockquote>There are worse countries than the US, But it goes back to IBM and Microsoft. Why won't people ***** out IBM like they do microsoft?</blockquote><br>Because we look at the present, not at the past. IBM doesn't have a real grip at the moment.<br> <blockquote>That is plain sexism. Homosexuals have as much right to be married as the rest of us do.</blockquote><br>That's not true, as marriage goes back to things that are not compatible with homosexualism.
Benoit
 

Why does america suck?

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:04 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Gipper</i><p>That is plain sexism. Homosexuals have as much right to be married as the rest of us do.<br>Saying that gay marriage is wrong is like saying that people who don't own American-made cars shouldn't be allowed to be married. That is the way that they are. There is nothing wrong with it. People fear what is different...what if there were more gays then heterosexuals in this country, and they banned heterosexual marriage? Wouldn't you call that bad? But as long as it doesn't hurt them, they don't care. <br></blockquote><br>Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed get married. In the Bible (which might not mean anything to any atheists, but...) it clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman. So it's not for people of the same sex. In my opinion, it's not natural and in any way "normal".<p>Enough of that, the only reason why I think the United States sucks is because of Bush. This whole stupid war is his fault and he uses the terrorists as an excuse to have a war in the first place.<p>EDIT: I had to fix a letter. :p<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Dreamer on [TIME]1110045101[/TIME]][/size]
LegoMuskCat
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:39 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Dreamer</i><p> <br>Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed get married. In the bible (which might not mean anything to any atheists, but...) it clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman. So it's not for people of the same sex. In my opinion, it's not natural and in any way "normal".<p>Enough of that, the only reason why I think the United States sucks is because of Bush. This whole stupid war is his fault and he uses the terrorists as an excuse to have a war in the first place.<br></blockquote><p>thank-you for suporting my point. The Bible ABSOLUTELY BANS gay marraiges, and I, being Christain, go by that. You can counter my points if you like, but I will violently oppose them.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lassic's Chllun on [TIME]1110044399[/TIME]][/size]
Lassic's Chllun
 

Why does america suck?

Postby KexMex » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:43 pm

Ok, seriously.<p>Why bother? It's their own problem.
KexMex
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Arkhan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:52 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Gipper</i><p>That is plain sexism. Homosexuals have as much right to be married as the rest of us do.<br>Saying that gay marriage is wrong is like saying that people who don't own American-made cars shouldn't be allowed to be married. That is the way that they are. There is nothing wrong with it. People fear what is different...what if there were more gays then heterosexuals in this country, and they banned heterosexual marriage? Wouldn't you call that bad? But as long as it doesn't hurt them, they don't care. <br></blockquote><br>Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed get married. In the bible (which might not mean anything to any atheists, but...) it clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman. So it's not for people of the same sex. In my opinion, it's not natural and in any way "normal".<p>Enough of that, the only reason why I think the United States sucks is because of Bush. This whole stupid war is his fault and he uses the terrorists as an excuse to have a war in the first place.<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Dreamer</i><p> <br>Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed get married. In the bible (which might not mean anything to any atheists, but...) it clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman. So it's not for people of the same sex. In my opinion, it's not natural and in any way "normal".<p>Enough of that, the only reason why I think the United States sucks is because of Bush. This whole stupid war is his fault and he uses the terrorists as an excuse to have a war in the first place.<br></blockquote><p>Thats narrowminded :(. America was built on religious freedom......Not EVERYONE in America is a christian so why should they have to follow those beliefs?......Let the free people do what they want.
Arkhan
 

Why does america suck?

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:01 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Arkhan</i><p>Thats narrowminded :(. America was built on religious freedom......Not EVERYONE in America is a christian so why should they have to follow those beliefs?......Let the free people do what they want.<br></blockquote><p>Indeed, I see where you're coming from. Everyone has their diffences, and that's what makes this world the way it is. I accept people for who they are, not what they choose to do. :p I have many friends who are very different than I, but I can see past that.<p>Homosexuals can do what they want...but getting married shouldn't be one of them.
LegoMuskCat
 

Why does america suck?

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:16 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Dreamer</i><p> <br>Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed get married. In the bible (which might not mean anything to any atheists, but...) it clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman. So it's not for people of the same sex. In my opinion, it's not natural and in any way "normal".<p>Enough of that, the only reason why I think the United States sucks is because of Bush. This whole stupid war is his fault and he uses the terrorists as an excuse to have a war in the first place.<br></blockquote><p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lassic's Chllun</i><p>thank-you for suporting my point. The Bible ABSOLUTELY BANS gay marraiges, and I, being Christain, go by that. You can counter my points if you like, but I will violently oppose them.<br>[/quote]<p>But doesn't the Christian faith itself advocates peace to all mankind, regardless of what colour they are or what they are in to? I don't claim to know all about the Bible, but I remember reading a page from the book that states to those who choose to advocate ignorance and prejudice are commiting a sin.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1110046683[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy
 

Why does america suck?

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:25 pm

Yeah, I'm a Christian. I said that I accept people, and can see past the way they are and what they choose to be.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Dreamer on [TIME]1110121474[/TIME]][/size]
LegoMuskCat
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 79 guests