Favorite city?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Favorite city?

Postby Starlight » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:57 pm

So, what YOUR favorite city?<p>I've been to Paris, and it was ok. I went there when the Tour De France was going on. Go Lance!!! The wine in France was spectacular, and I loved the Louve. <p>I have a special place in my heart for London, and I LOVE the English.<p>I have several favorite cities, Seattle being one of them. Seattle is home to some of the greatest rock bands, including Pearl Jam and Nirvana. I wonder why some people think Seattle is "fatland". Um, it's not. Cleveland, Ohio... is fatland.<p>Share yours!
Starlight
 

Favorite city?

Postby Gipper » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:33 pm

Favorite city? New York. Great baseball team (NYY), great museums (Metropolitan Museum of Art), active people, and a lot to do and see.
Gipper
 

Favorite city?

Postby Malakai » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:39 pm

Well, it depends which continent/country we're talking about.<p>For Europre, Firenze (Florence) is probably my favorite. Open, friendly people, fine food, rich in culture, and the most beautiful architechture I have seen to cover an entire city. The place just fits together perfectly.<p>For North America, I'd say either Seattle or San Diego. Clean, nice weather, nice people, and good standard of living.
Malakai
 

Favorite city?

Postby Ein Tyrion » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:48 pm

I like any city by the bay, nice serene place where my mind is most creative...Like the ocean is a gateway for leaving rational thought and spawning my greatest ideas
Ein Tyrion
 

Favorite city?

Postby Monocromatico » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 am

I never got to another country, but I have visited many places in my own. Besides Rio de Janeiro, two cities I have visited and I can recomend are João Pessoa and Belém.
Monocromatico
 

Favorite city?

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 am

OMG.. She mentioned Seattle..<p>Here comes Benoit now with his Seattle belief..
Lord Khyron
 

Favorite city?

Postby Starlight » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:56 am

Has Benoit actually been to Seattle?
Starlight
 

Favorite city?

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:24 am

While it's unfortunate that I haven't been outside of Canada, it's a large and vastly beautiful country, and I'm glad that I've seen much of it. A favorite city of mine, though not large, is Banff. It's nestled in an incredible scenic part of the mountains, where the whether is temperate, the restaurants are good, the shopping (fairly close to Calgary) is decent and the locals are friendly. A little expensive at times, but you can still find a cheap bite to eat and bask in the beauty of the mountains.<br>....<br>Wow, I should be a travel agent.
LaconianShot
 

Favorite city?

Postby Tails99 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:13 pm

I have never really visited Cities exactly, more so the specific things near them. I have been to Williamsburg, Virginia to go to Busch Gardens. Houston, Texas to visit my uncle and go to NASA. Also, we went to Galveston Island. People there for some weird reason, get away with stumbling drunk to the streets. Problem was that in Houston, everything is connected by a through-way and the speed limit is 70, so naturally, they went 85. I could hardly look out the window of the car because I thought I was constantly gonna die.<p>I have been to Boston, Massechusetts too. The ships were amazing.
Tails99
 

Favorite city?

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:28 pm

Ah, I could live in Louisville forever. Wonderful people you meet, and everybody is willing to help a chap out. Also some wonderful weather.<p>Etided four spelchek<p>[size=small][Edit by Lassic's Chllun on [TIME]1114788509[/TIME]][/size]
Lassic's Chllun
 

Favorite city?

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:30 pm

Salt Lake City has its charms, but I'm finding it difficult to decide between Boston and New York City!
Dorrinal Blackmantle
 

Favorite city?

Postby KexMex » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:16 pm

Karlstad. You sweet, wonderful sunshine, a light spot in the middle of the dark, wet Sweden. I love you, KAAAARLSTAAAAAD!!!!!
KexMex
 

Favorite city?

Postby Saria » Wed May 04, 2005 7:09 pm

I completely agree! :P
Saria
 

Favorite city?

Postby Benoit » Wed May 04, 2005 8:03 pm

Actually, the Seattle comment in ThePeaGuy's footer is a mistake of mine. I was confusing Seattle with Houston.<p>Favorite city? My own.
Benoit
 

Favorite city?

Postby Starlight » Wed May 04, 2005 9:02 pm

My absolute favorite city is my homeland, Portland, OR.
Starlight
 

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 116 guests