by Monocromatico » Sun May 08, 2005 7:27 pm
Benoit is right. I live too in a country where we have to vote. This is a right that was denied to us for 24 years, so when I see someone justifying the no-voting, it kinda pisses me off. And I know that, if we didn´t have to vote (as if voting was optional), the manipulable masses would do it under false promises of bad politicians, as well as extremists. Disasters can happen from that, and that´s what I fight against every election with my "ballot" (actually, it´s an electronic system where you type the number of your candidate on a computer-like machine not connected to a network, which makes it quite safe)<p>Mandatory voting isn´t a pain like Alis in Wonderland thinks, because there are posts in every village of every town. You don´t really *have* to vote, you can go to a post office and justify why you didn´t vote. Also, voting, even blank, IS an expression of what you and your society think of the current candidates, and it CAN change something if your society realizes what is happening. But if you don´t express yourself, what will change? The final count will only show that a parcel of your society wanted this candidate, but what it can tell about the rest of it? Only that they didn´t express themselves. And so the system continues inaltered forever, and politicians and their parties will always suck.<p>I can´t understand how someone can deffend something in their own prejudice.<p>And Gipper: answering what you see as an offense with another offense will lead to a war. Drop it while you can.<p>Edit: added the post office line :^P<p>[size=small][Edit by Monocromatico on [TIME]1115580614[/TIME]][/size]