PSP or DS?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

PSP or DS?

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:53 pm

tehehehe<p>PSP march 24th - $249<br>PSP value pack - $349<p>Yeah.... I'm still not gonna get one. Oh and sony is going to lose $100 on every psp since the price doesn't match the production value.
HuBBsDoctor
 

PSP or DS?

Postby WolfHunt » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:01 pm

not only that, the games for the DS are esier to take care of.<br>with ds, you can just throw it in a bag.<br>PSP, you need to put back in case/cd book.
WolfHunt
 

PSP or DS?

Postby ROMeo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:50 pm

A portable system with easy-to-break games and poor battery life... guess that sells me into the DS, I already have rotten luck for everything that uses batteries (especially rechargeable ones).
ROMeo
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:25 pm

Your DS can also play GBA games..<p>That is a definite plus.
Lord Khyron
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Benoit » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:26 pm

PSP games' packaging isn't too good.<br>DS games are 10$ cheaper.<p>The DS can indeed play GBA games, but there's a disadvantage... GBA games can't link up for multi-play or trading.
Benoit
 

PSP or DS?

Postby WolfHunt » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:34 pm

Image <br>see the resemblance?<br><p>[size=small][Edit by WolfHunt on [TIME]1112916856[/TIME]][/size]
WolfHunt
 

PSP or DS?

Postby zoothe » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:18 am

I agree that the DS's backwards compatability is a huge pro. Also, I've read that Ubisoft (I think) is making a new Lunar game for the DS (which would be sweet.) Those two things right there pretty much mean I'll be getting one eventually. The upcoming Castlevania game only seals the deal!<p>Prices will always eventually drop. The ultimate test will be the games available for each system. At this point, there are NO games that look appealing (to me) for the DS.... but none for the PSP either. The only games even remotely interesting for the PSP are Ys VI which I already have on PS2 and the Tales of Eternia remake which will probably NEVER make it over to the US because Namco sucks donkey balls.<p>As a standard practice, I never buy a game system when it's brand new. The last time I did was the Sega Saturn and look how that turned out (though there ARE some pretty kick ass games for that system). My point is that I could have gotten a Saturn two years later for much less money.<p>One more thing: I think Sony's system will do good because of little Playstation fanboys and such, but it won't last long. Sony doesn't get that portable game systems aren't supposed to be something that you're scared of scratching when you stick in your backpack or pocket. They need to be rugged, which the PSP doesn't seem to be AT ALL. The games need to be able to take a slight beating (as does the system). Nintendo knows what they're doing and Sony doesn't... bottom line.
zoothe
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Arkhan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:56 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by zoothe</i><p>I agree that the DS's backwards compatability is a huge pro. Also, I've read that Ubisoft (I think) is making a new Lunar game for the DS (which would be sweet.) Those two things right there pretty much mean I'll be getting one eventually. The upcoming Castlevania game only seals the deal!<p>Prices will always eventually drop. The ultimate test will be the games available for each system. At this point, there are NO games that look appealing (to me) for the DS.... but none for the PSP either. The only games even remotely interesting for the PSP are Ys VI which I already have on PS2 and the Tales of Eternia remake which will probably NEVER make it over to the US because Namco sucks donkey balls.<p>As a standard practice, I never buy a game system when it's brand new. The last time I did was the Sega Saturn and look how that turned out (though there ARE some pretty kick ass games for that system). My point is that I could have gotten a Saturn two years later for much less money.<p>One more thing: I think Sony's system will do good because of little Playstation fanboys and such, but it won't last long. Sony doesn't get that portable game systems aren't supposed to be something that you're scared of scratching when you stick in your backpack or pocket. They need to be rugged, which the PSP doesn't seem to be AT ALL. The games need to be able to take a slight beating (as does the system). Nintendo knows what they're doing and Sony doesn't... bottom line.<br></blockquote><p>Lunar on DS? ...huzzah.<p>Yeah, I played a DS, and a PSP.........PSP is a piece of junk.<br>"Oh but the PSP can play music!".......yes, so can my walkman, and ive dropped it down flights of steps on accident, and it still works.<br>"It has 1337 graphics and can play movies!"......who watches movies on a goofy screen like that!?<p>DS has TWO screens and is cheaper! lol...and you can poke it with a stylus, you can sit on it, flip it open, make it look cool.....<p>What games of worth are on PSP anyways.....?....Darkstalkers is about it....<p>PSP is impractical, too shiney (fingerprints!!! ><), and its not safe to carry around if you plan on maybe bumping it
Arkhan
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Benoit » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:44 pm

And if you really want your DS to play music and movies, you can buy an add-on accessory so that it can. At least in Japan.
Benoit
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Siren » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:27 pm

Right here in Canada, you can buy <b>2</b> DS systems for the price of a PSP. Also, as I was mentioning to a friend who bought a PSP: sure, PSP can play movies, music and games, but you're not going to be able to do all those things without wasting alot of batteries. <p>You couldn't listen to an hour of music, watch a movie and then play Darkstalkers without going through at least 2 pairs of batteries...and that would be about 1 day's use. Imagine a weeks useage. Also, the movie selection will be terribly limited, due to the format of the movie discs. Not everyone is going to be willing to put their movies out on that certain disc format. Forget about lesser-known movies.
Siren
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Benoit » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:53 pm

Not to mention that the quality of the music and movies isn't going to be on par with things that are actually designed to play such things.
Benoit
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Arkhan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:53 am

it plays them in a scrunched Mpeg 4 format...on an already dumb screen.<p>DS fo life yo<p>Also, anyone else notice holding the PSP is uncomfy?...I played darkstalkers that PSP is a piece of shite. DPad was unresponsive, and I played against dumbass button mashers so I just went "yeah ill go play with myself, its more enjoyable", and yes, I intended it to sound like that. lol<p>[size=small][Edit by Arkhan on [TIME]1113274488[/TIME]][/size]
Arkhan
 

PSP or DS?

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:27 am

And something else hilarious..<p>GBA Video is much clearer and smoother than video on the PSP.<p>PSP is using a ripped format like Juicebox/Video now. <p>GBA video wins hands down.<br>
Lord Khyron
 

PSP or DS?

Postby wang_jay » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:11 pm

I like the DS better than the PSP b/c as with any cartridge game loading times are almost nonexistant and I have never had a handheld from nintendo fail (my gamecube failed so I cant say as much for their platforms) I have accidentaly left my gba in the wash several times and it still works. I cant say the same for the quality of sony products, they break down often and sometimes just for no apparent reason. And i dont like cds compared to cartridges b/c you have to have an extra device to save to b/c you cant save to the cd. and of course there are loading times which i dont like.<br>As far as games go the DS wifi is pretty reliable i played w/ my friends and it goes for about 1/2 a mile even at low reception the connection quality doesnt lag or anything its like it either on or off no lag.<br>A game im looking forward to on the ds is goldeneye. I loved the game for the N64 even though I dont like james bond. And the wireless play feature makes it even better.
wang_jay
 

PSP or DS?

Postby FOrave » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:36 pm

Personally I think there both good. desciding wich one is better is too hard. but i'd buy a DS because i support nintendo and its cheaper. PSP has anolog and is a little easier to use.... they each have pros and cons so i think there equal.
FOrave
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 116 guests