Trust and Respect

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Trust and Respect

Postby Siren » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:16 pm

Alright...that sounds like a very good thought, but I'm talking about honouring someone else, which in my whole argument was like taking respect to the next level. Because you should respect everyone, and not just those you admire, there should be another word for an amplified respect you feel for those you admire. <p>Honour perhaps isn't the right word...at the moment I can't think of one more fitting.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1109978213[/TIME]][/size]
Siren
 

Trust and Respect

Postby KexMex » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:28 pm

Can't really say much about Trust and Respect... I don't have many who deserve it. As a matter of fact, I can't say I do it myself.
KexMex
 

Trust and Respect

Postby Malakai » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:11 am

Honor is the right word, make no mistake Siren. And in Latin, a man of honor(vir onoris) is one who is highly esteemed because of his virtuouus conduct and dealings toward his fellow man. The same principles apply today, it's just that in many cases men have forgotten this code of conduct and therefore usually scoff at words like 'honor' and 'valor' and 'virtue'.
Malakai
 

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests