Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Arkhan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:09 pm

<blockquote>Xbox has plenty of other good genres. Its the best system to own if you like Mech sort of games.</blockquote><br>You contradict yourself in the same paragraph...<br> <blockquote>Also, it appears that youve never played Morrowind, so don't throw out an ignorant opinion on it.</blockquote><br>I haven't, but I'm sure Khyron would love to present his opinion on Morrowind. It's not pretty...<br><blockquote>Just because a game came out on PC doesnt mean it immediatley isn't a good game or w/e youre getting at.</blockquote><br>That's not what I meant. What I meant is that it's not an exclusive, so not a reason to won an XBox for.<br><blockquote>Skies of Arcadia isn't Gamecube exclusive</blockquote><br>Skies of Arcadia isn't GameCube exclusive, indeed, but it has many added features and content, only on GameCube. Too bad that it stripped down the music quality in some areas...<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p> <br>You contradict yourself in the same paragraph...<br> <br>I haven't, but I'm sure Khyron would love to present his opinion on Morrowind. It's not pretty...<p>That's not what I meant. What I meant is that it's not an exclusive, so not a reason to won an XBox for.<p>Skies of Arcadia isn't GameCube exclusive, indeed, but it has many added features and content, only on GameCube. Too bad that it stripped down the music quality in some areas...<br></blockquote><p>How did I contradict myself? You said its a shooty system or something along those lines, mech genre isnt shooty, theres more to it. Especially with MechAssault 2, and Steel Battalion. Steel Battalion requires alot of skill and strategy to play.<p>Also, it doesnt matter what Khyron's opinion is about morrowind.... if you dont have an informed one, shut up. <p>How does it not being exclusive mean not to buy an xbox? Maybe some people cant afford a computer to run the game on, or maybe some people prefer it on a console? A console port of a PC game is a damned good thing to have....<p>I used Skies of Arcadia as an example. You seem to think a system is only good if its all exclusive, or at least thats what it seems like. When in reality variety is a good thing to have. Xbox has the same titles as PS2 and gamecube, and reissues of Dreamcast games....thats good to have because that way, no matter what system you have, you may still be able to play certain games. <p>That isn't even the argument anyways, the argument was the Xbox is a neo-dreamcast, not an exclusive gaming machine.
Arkhan
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Forge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:52 am

The only games I'd want an XBox for are:<p>Halo<br>Halo 2<br>Outrun 2<p>I've got the original Outrun on the Master System!<p><Hums Magical Sound Shower.>
Forge
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:02 pm

Side note: please be a bit careful with the "Quote" button.<br> <blockquote>How did I contradict myself? You said its a shooty system or something along those lines, mech genre isnt shooty, theres more to it. Especially with MechAssault 2, and Steel Battalion. Steel Battalion requires alot of skill and strategy to play.</blockquote><br>You said it had more genres, then you say that it has a lot of mech games, which are mostly one genre.<br> <blockquote>Also, it doesnt matter what Khyron's opinion is about morrowind.... if you dont have an informed one, shut up.</blockquote><br>Khyron's opinion is informed, and he told me the specifics of why he thought so. So I am, sort of, informed.<br> <blockquote>How does it not being exclusive mean not to buy an xbox? Maybe some people cant afford a computer to run the game on, or maybe some people prefer it on a console? A console port of a PC game is a damned good thing to have....</blockquote><br>Most people already have a PC at home, and one that can run some games, at that. If not, you can upgrade it. So the comparison still stands. Also, PC games often have expansions, making the PC version superior in a way. This depends on if the console port was a quality one or not, though. It happens often that ports to consoles are more playable, in a way.<br><blockquote>I used Skies of Arcadia as an example. You seem to think a system is only good if its all exclusive, or at least thats what it seems like. When in reality variety is a good thing to have.</blockquote><br>The XBox not just has games from the PC, but many games that already exist on the other systems as well. This makes those games irrelevant in the choice of your console.<br>I'm not saying that a good console is one that has only exclusive titles, but exclusive titles will be an important factor in the choice of your console, simply because you will only be able to play it on that system.
Benoit
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:23 pm

The exclusive bit is true. The only reason I got an GC to begin with was for Metroid Prime. I later got into games like PSO, Sould Calibur II (Link is cool), FF: CC and MP2.<p>Although, if anything X-Box would be the last system I'd want, not only is it bulky, expensive, and just plain ugly, the games don't interest me. I'd like a PS2 for RPG games, but thats about it.
Tekno-Crystal
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:54 am

Most people already have a PC at home, and one that can run some games, at that. If not, you can upgrade it. So the comparison still stands. Also, PC games often have expansions, making the PC version superior in a way.
<p>Hmmm videogame $20-50 brand new. A yearly system upgrade to play new games $300-500. I think I'll buy a console port. <p>[quote]The XBox not just has games from the PC, but many games that already exist on the other systems as well. This makes those games irrelevant in the choice of your console.<br></blockquote><p>The same can be said for all consoles. The dreamcast had more ports than any system. It had many games that were originally on the pc, PSone and nintendo64. But the ports had improvements over their originators. Rayman 2 and Star Wars Ep1 Jedi battle had better graphics and improved gameplay mechanics. The same can be said about many of the ports to the Xbox.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by HuBBsDoctor on [TIME]1109638490[/TIME]][/size]
HuBBsDoctor
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Arkhan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:18 am

Sorry about the quote thing dunno what the heck happened i only pushed it once.<p>Thank you hubbs, you helped prove my point.<p>Benoit, I said there are alot of Genres for Xbox, and also pointed out that if youre really into mech games Xbox is the console of choice. Cmon, what would you play Mechassault/Steel Battalion, Or Armored Core? Think about it.<p>Xbox has Mech, Sports, Fighting, Arcade, Shooting (GREAT shooting games), strategy, and action/platformers...not to mention it's an extremely successful online system.<p>Also, you're informed on the opinion of one other individual. Opinion from another can't inform you on the title itself. You can't say dip about a game w/o playing it. End of that discussion.<p>Again, thank you hubbs, for the comment about game improvements.<p>Take a look at DOA Ultimate for Xbox, and note the GFX enhancements and extra features of DOA 1, and DOA2. Id rather buy that game. Also, take a look at the graphics for games that are all ports to various systems. Bards Tale looks best on Xbox, Gamecube 2nd, ps2 last.....Xbox is the most powerful of the 3 consoles.....<p>Also, PC games like Hubbs said, constantly require graphics card upgrades, ram upgrades, and maybe a new HD if youre out of space.........possibly new CPU as well. That is costly, and time consuming..........or you could just buy the Xbox version of that same game........I.E: My PC cant run Doom 3, because I dont have a powerful enough video card. Im content w/ my 64mb for now....no PC games tickle my fancy.......if I want doom 3, ill get it on xbox for 39$....beats a 100$ card to run the damn game, PLUS the game......<p>Xbox is the new dreamcast.
Arkhan
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Benoit » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:35 pm

<blockquote>Hmmm videogame $20-50 brand new. A yearly system upgrade to play new games $300-500. I think I'll buy a console port.</blockquote><br>I'm not saying you should go PC gaming or anything. But you could as well buy a $100 graphics card and the game to play it on your PC instead, at least for some games.<br> <blockquote>The same can be said for all consoles.</blockquote><br>True. Though XBox seems to have less exclusive titles.<br> <blockquote>The dreamcast had more ports than any system. It had many games that were originally on the pc, PSone and nintendo64. But the ports had improvements over their originators. Rayman 2 and Star Wars Ep1 Jedi battle had better graphics and improved gameplay mechanics. The same can be said about many of the ports to the Xbox.</blockquote><br>The Dreamcast didn't just have many ports, but also many high-quality exclusive titles, and online play.<br> <blockquote>Sorry about the quote thing dunno what the heck happened i only pushed it once.</blockquote><br>It's a glitch that happens when you quote a post that has one or more quotes.<br> <blockquote>Benoit, I said there are alot of Genres for Xbox, and also pointed out that if youre really into mech games Xbox is the console of choice. Cmon, what would you play Mechassault/Steel Battalion, Or Armored Core? Think about it.</blockquote><br>Yes, if you're into mech games. I agree.<br>But I'm not into mech games. The XBox lacks titles that are a bit more universal in appeal.<br> <blockquote>Xbox has Mech, Sports, Fighting, Arcade, Shooting (GREAT shooting games), strategy, and action/platformers...not to mention it's an extremely successful online system.</blockquote><br>And where are my RPGs? Not to mention that some of those genres have their games on the other consoles too.<br>Online system... I'll give it that, though I don't want to have to pay a yearly fee for it.<br> <blockquote>Take a look at DOA Ultimate for Xbox, and note the GFX enhancements and extra features of DOA 1, and DOA2. Id rather buy that game. Also, take a look at the graphics for games that are all ports to various systems. Bards Tale looks best on Xbox, Gamecube 2nd, ps2 last.....Xbox is the most powerful of the 3 consoles.....</blockquote><br>I couldn't care less for graphic enhancements and little extras put in to please M$ (each ported game must have an exclusive feature).<br>Yes, XBox is the most powerful console graphics-wise, but a bit less capable in the AI department.<br> <blockquote>Xbox is the new dreamcast.</blockquote><br>If that was true, I would have one now. But it's not.
Benoit
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Arkhan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:50 pm

Xbox has just as diverse a genre setting as PS2 and Gamecube....PS2 has alot of RPGs, big deal not all of them were cream of the crop....Ps2 isnt a great multiplayer system, Xbox and gamecube are..............but THAT WASNT THE ARGUMENT.<p>It IS a neo-dreamcast no matter what your opinon on the game titles are.....I dont recall many RPGs for dreamcast, why do you like it so much then? it had about the same diversity as Xbox , maybe a little better.....
Arkhan
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Benoit » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:58 pm

<blockquote>Xbox has just as diverse a genre setting as PS2 and Gamecube....</blockquote><br>But far less quality ones. Also, where are my good RPGs?<br> <blockquote>It IS a neo-dreamcast no matter what your opinon on the game titles are.....I dont recall many RPGs for dreamcast, why do you like it so much then? it had about the same diversity as Xbox , maybe a little better.....</blockquote><br>Because it had games of many genres that were actually good, and exclusive.<br>Not many RPGs for Dreamcast, indeed, but the ones it had were great.<br>Phantasy Star Online<br>Grandia II<br>Skies of Arcadia
Benoit
 

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Postby Arkhan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:59 pm

<blockquote>Xbox has just as diverse a genre setting as PS2 and Gamecube....</blockquote><br>But far less quality ones. Also, where are my good RPGs?<br> <blockquote>It IS a neo-dreamcast no matter what your opinon on the game titles are.....I dont recall many RPGs for dreamcast, why do you like it so much then? it had about the same diversity as Xbox , maybe a little better.....</blockquote><br>Because it had games of many genres that were actually good, and exclusive.<br>Not many RPGs for Dreamcast, indeed, but the ones it had were great.<br>Phantasy Star Online<br>Grandia II<br>Skies of Arcadia<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p> <br>But far less quality ones. Also, where are my good RPGs?<br> <br>Because it had games of many genres that were actually good, and exclusive.<br>Not many RPGs for Dreamcast, indeed, but the ones it had were great.<br>Phantasy Star Online<br>Grandia II<br>Skies of Arcadia<br></blockquote><p>Well, Xbox has PSO....duerf. There is Morrowind, which is damn good....and morrowind IV is on the way....We also get Bards Tale.....then there IS Fable...sadly...<p>So XBox has your precious PSO......and what makes the games far less quality? Thats really dumb.....theres great FPS games, great mech games, if you like warfare games, theres good ones, esp. for co-op.<p>Theres also the Tenchu games, Ninja Gaiden, Shenmue II, Fighting games (Mortal Kombat, DOA, ).......its just as diverse. <p>
Arkhan
 

Postby X_ulken » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:08 pm

yeah i myself play morrowind and still enjoy it it has a huge map for an offline playable game
X_ulken
User avatar
X_ulken
Locusta
Locusta
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:08 am
Location: USA arkansas

Postby Mister Death » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:55 pm

does an X-BOX have VMUs?
I love the VMUs. They tell you the time, you can play Chao Adventure, Moonlighter, Deep Dark Dungeon 4, What Jogurt? or Jogurt Adventure on them and you can accidentally delete your saved games absolutely anywhere. They double as magicite when pretending to be FF6 characters. Some people think they're tiny, tiny mobile phones and are impressed.
Eusis saves!
User avatar
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:41 am
Location: Motavia

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 108 guests