Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Zucca » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:52 pm

My ISP cut my internet connection last friday. I paid all the bills that day too because I got paid just the same day. I was saving money for living and couldn't pay the bill on time. I had paid two months' rent all by my self because my gf was unemploed at the time, so we were a bit out of money.

Anyway. IT'S MONDAY ALREADY AND THOSE B-TARDS HAVEN'T OPENED MY CONNECTIOOOOOON!

I've been using my N900 as my "gateway" to internet these past days. I also tried to set this tablet as wi-fi hotspot but the software is still too buggy to use. Other way would be USB or bluietooth modem. But downloading drivers first and installing them would be pita. I guess I just wait one more day. If I still don't have a workin connection I'll call my ISP and demand these connectionless days for free.

I'm off to get my laundry. ------->
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 am

third...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Semix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 am

Poor WING-0. (8 ) Lean on me, when you're not strong, I'll be your friend...(8 )
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby Zucca » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Behold, THE INTERNET!

Image
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Finally changed my ISP.

My other ISP's service had sucked for several months and their technicians had acted like uppity mother (AHEM)ers. So last Saturday, they left us with no internet service. I called, and they told me "It'll be fixed in the following 72 hours". Three days passed. Nothing. I called them again, and they told me "It's in the next 72 working hours."

So we got mad as angry hatters and decided to go after the competition. The service is twice as fast, much less expensive and they offer some silly extras we don't care about, but they're there.

The technician came, installed the thing, configured it, and holy, mother of EFF... It feels like sliding on mayonnaise. It's quick and it's nice (how I know how sliding on mayonnaise feels like, I will leave to your imagination).

Tomorrow, I'm going to Telmex to throw their filthy router/DSL modem on their faces and tell them to go and do naughty things with their rear sphincters.

I am happy, but also very, very angry. 50/50.

Now, I want my nap.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Zucca » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:27 am

You guys are so silent once again...
Oh well. I did a mod to my USB battery pack to make it work as standard USB mobile device charger.
EDIT: The link won't work on IE at least.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:01 am

Must be the dry season...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Semix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 am

Zucca wrote:You guys are so silent once again...
.


Or lazy ;)
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby Zucca » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Btw. Where has Heroic Chaz gone?
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Too busy with Final Fantasy V Advance and some casual web surfing these days.

My computer is getting a new cooler today to replace my current, worn out one. This will reduce the noise it's making. I'm thinking of taking up game programming again when it's done.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Zucca » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Too busy with Final Fantasy V Advance and some casual web surfing these days.

My computer is getting a new cooler today to replace my current, worn out one. This will reduce the noise it's making. I'm thinking of taking up game programming again when it's done.
I'm eager to learn lua. I already know javascript (jQuery), some old time PHP and fairly well bash.
I would definitely contribute some lua code when I have mastered more of it... if any fan game project can take lua...

Oh. But first I'll need get to back to sprite drawing.
I have so little time nowdays...
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Ahh, much better! Just like it used to be... And this thing's got a working DVD-ROM drive now as well! Perfect. :)

Meh, jQuery. I don't like how it's over-used. Even the simplest things on websites have jQuery in them. Get to know the wonders of the Document Object Model (DOM) and how it uses prototypes. Only then do you know JavaScript. ;)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Zucca » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:23 am

I used to write js without any framework. It was just too much pita. This is why I moved to use jQuery.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:06 am

My cat is not a he... It's a she (why didn't I check!?)... Oh well... My army of cats will come sooner to be a reality anyways.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Daren » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:32 am

What's on my mind you ask?

The 15 miles of Rollerblade I just did, holy crap I'ma be sore tomorrow...
User avatar
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Montreal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 85 guests