by Wing-0 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:59 pm
Playing games is hard at the moment, but I'm trying to enjoy the little time I can of BlazBlue Continuum Shift. I unlocked the true final boss of the story mode a few days after getting it because I was still in vacations and practiced with one of the weapest characters to unlock her powered up form, which is in reality a character that died in the first game. Now my level of skill is all weird. I am VERY skilled with that one character (named Lambda-11), but utterly suck with everyone else in the roster.
I have been playing with the final boss (Mu-12), who is the weirdest character I have used. Physically she deals average damage, but is not very good at pulling combos and her defense is rather sub par. Still, the reason she IS the final boss is because of a certain weapon she can deploy, which is scattering four gunner crystals around the air, one at a time and in player controlled positions that act as secondary attackers, shooting beams. Still, they are useful for one shot only and they stay there, inert once their single shot is used. The player can then use them for a multidirectional (depending on where the player placed them) attack, a very powerful version of that same attack, or simply detonating them to inflict a good chunk of damage.
The trick with Mu-12 is to place traps all around the stage while attacking, evading and blocking and then unleashing energy attacks.
Over all, this is the hardest character I have played in a fighting game, but the sheer fact that her special attack (called Steins Gunner) is almost unpredictable, makes her definitely an enjoyable character to master.
