Well, I finally started on Warrior Kara's illustration. The drawing process was slow and difficult because I just couldn't draw comfortably with everyone around me making a mess, cats included.
Once that was done, I finally started getting things done. Now, coloring comes as the next step. In comparison to the Alys illustration I did before, this one is much, MUCH harder. Simple reason being that I forgot my rule of going the simplistic way and add as little detail as possible... I added quite some detail and as a result, the redrawing process in Photoshop is going to be slow and grueling... But as a reward, the final product should look much better than usual. I'll have to consider whether to go with gradients or a typical cel coloring like anime... Cel is easier, but for some reason, I always end up coloring like it was an ero illustration. In my defense, though, I have to say that the best coloring in computer is usually achieved by none other than ero illustrators... Hence the influence...
EDIT: Screw thinking. Tanith! Should I go the cel route, or the gradient route?
EDIT 2: I have finally remembered that when working on a character, a tool I use for working easier and faster, especially if the illustration is difficult, is to listen to a piece of music that evokes the image of that character. For some reason, Warrior Kara's image goes with this music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Ea_mJ5hzE
I imagine her as a fierce, agile combatant that goes for speed based attacks, as well as vicious tactics against the enemy.