Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Zucca » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:21 pm

This sounds way too much newschool anime. :E
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 pm

My New Year's Eve wasn't that good. Happy New Year, everyone.

And shame on everyone that got drunk!
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby carlsojos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 pm

BenoitRen wrote:My New Year's Eve wasn't that good. Happy New Year, everyone.


It couldn't have been that bad, could it? I missed the ball drop in New York because I had a gas station attendant vent on me for about 20 minutes about government spending when I went there to use the restroom. I swear I'm not a politician, either.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Black Sword » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:35 pm

@ojos Why in God's name would you want to be in Times Square for that? I'd rather chew nails.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby carlsojos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:40 pm

No, I was watching it on the TV. I'm a rural creature, and being in my friend's apartment with nearly a dozen women reading my computer screen is about as crowded a place as I will go.

If I were to travel that far for a party, I'd choose to video conference instead.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:00 pm

@Tanith: Holy crap... That's one scary ass combo to have... Hope you recover fully very soon.

@Benito: Hey, I was only half drunk. I stopped when I noticed my progressing inebriation. Being drunk is not good for neither my brain nor my humor.

Amongst the crap news I see on the internet and TV, I saw a nice one. A boy was needing a kidney transplant, since his last kidney had failed. A man heard it on the news, they tested him and donated one of his. Now let's wait for there to be no rejection.

That guy's got golden balls of goodness... Or something.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Black Sword wrote:@ojos Why in God's name would you want to be in Times Square for that? I'd rather chew nails.


Actually, my best friend was there that night. It had always been a lifelong dream of his to spend a New Year's Eve in Times Square, and this year, he finally did it. He started posting pictures to facebook from around 1:00 in the afternoon, he was pretty close to all the action. He was near Carson Daly's stage, and the caption was "Carson Daly looks shorter in person". :P
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Postby carlsojos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:29 pm

augmentedfourth wrote:... he was pretty close to all the action. He was near Carson Daly's stage, and the caption was "Carson Daly looks shorter in person". :P


That's more than I caught on the tube. I mostly saw lots of video of confetti falling and some reporter who was so euphoric that I couldn't really understand her. The drinking games the others partook in were starting to get wild at that point, and I left when people started going to sleep, so I could begin typing one more story for myself.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Black Sword » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 am

Tourists! *mutters darkly about tourists and transit delays and people who don't know where they're going*
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Black Sword » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:12 pm

How in the HELL do some people get promoted? This person at another firm I'm dealing with isn't competent enough to pitch a new blogger on a free dinner, and she's supposed to be a supervisor!?
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Tanith » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Black Sword wrote:How in the HELL do some people get promoted? This person at another firm I'm dealing with isn't competent enough to pitch a new blogger on a free dinner, and she's supposed to be a supervisor!?
I have one of those, but it's the government, which seems to reward mediocrity and incompetence.

I watched "The Secret of Kells" last night. I highly recommend it. It's really short, just over an hour, so really, go watch it. It's worth it just for the beautiful animation, but the story and voice acting are great, too.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:53 am

Ah, I love my country's current state.

TODAY, at 4 PM, meaning it happened less than 5 hours ago at the moment of posting this, the one in charge of the state prisons, got filled with lead... The assassin(s) knocked on his door, the guy went to open and see what the person(s) wanted, then he got shot.

He got posted on that job because the former one was removed on charges of letting a prisoner escape, among other corruption felonies.
But the fun part is... The murdered guy lived less than a kilometer from me. That is, less than a third of a mile.

YAY!! HOW FUN!! 2011 HAS BEGUN AND PROMISES TO BE EVEN MORE ACTION PACKED THAN 2010!!

Shit...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Black Sword » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 am

@Tanith - Sounds about right and like every trip I've ever taken to the DMV.

@0 - welcome to Colombia since before I was born. You really do get used to it.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Black Sword » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:31 pm

I asked Benoit to be a bro and shoot me so I could escape a worthless project. He didn't. :( x100
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:06 pm

I know, one does get used to it.

Over the time, people begins to laugh about it.

It's really bizarre how humor finds a way to seep in...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 108 guests