Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Black Sword » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:42 pm

In a cruel land, you either learn to laugh at cruelty or you spend your life weeping.

It's been going on for thousands of years.

Thinking of which, CURSE YOU, CURSE YOU, CURSE YOU. STOP MAKING UP NUMBERS!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

*work rage*

If you're not going to do it correctly, don't do it!!!
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Tanith » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

I'm in kind of a crummy mood, so on my way into work I decide to treat myself to the olive bar at a Lebanese grocery/deli. I end up with the world's saltiest olives, ever. So much for that investment. Maybe coffee and shortbread will cheer me up.

Also of note: I work near Tysons Corner in Virginia, which is a huge commercial space. It's also totally under construction as the Metro has been annexed to Northern Virginia's western suburbs (finally). It is now January 4th, but the shopping traffic is still crazy. It's worse this year because no one knows how to drive through all the construction, which extends to the Beltway and other highways, turning the entire area into a Jersey wall slalom. Seriously, people, GO HOME. Some of us work around here.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Black Sword » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 am

Maybe this will help cheer you up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A67ZkAd1wmI

Now, see this... and picture your favorite Phantasy Star characters doing this. :P
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Tanith » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:29 am

No sound on this computer, but I was listening to "Kickstart My Heart" by Mötley Crüe on another CPU while I watched. I think Kain might actually enjoy this. :P
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Black Sword » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:51 pm

I don't see why he wouldn't. There are people who convert their fandoms into doing the Caramelldansen. Check youtube for the Gundam 00 and other versions. It's hilarious.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 am

I got my belated new year's gift from my cousin, who went to Japan with his wife. He got me the DVDs of Macross Frontier: The False Songstress and Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A wakening of the Trailblazer.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW*

Both movies couldn't be more different, but they both have something in common, aside from being extremely well made, and the fact both of them feature humanoid robots.

Both of them deal with one particular theme. Mutual understanding.

Also, in Gundam 00, the music used for the Extraterrestrial Living-Metal Shapeshifters (ELS) is especially spot on. No single music EVER used for depicting an alien intelligence that we don't understand has ever made me feel a sense of dread towards it for being something unknown, and later make me feel sorry for them when knowing about their history.

The sound of what I can only describe as "cries", ranging from something similar to a whale to a lamenting wail, even shifting to depict aggresivity is tremendously effective in me. It REALLY made my spine tingle.

On the Macross part, the music is excellent. It's instrumental portion is mostly reused from the TV series, but a few vocal ones are new and engaging, especially the one before last, Obelisk, which is absolutely awesome, and a tweaked version of Lion, which was the opening for the second half of the TV series still struck the right chords in my brain.

Alas, I'm the ONLY one who likes that stuff in here (house).
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Black Sword » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm NOT looking at anything beyond the first sentence of 0's post. I've got a copy of Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime that I torrented that I'm going to sit down and watch this weekend and now that he has a DVD copy of the Gundam 00 movie, I'm going to go hunting for it.

(YAY!)
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby carlsojos » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:58 am

I've got a strange line on my neck because I seem to be absorbing the chrome off my pendant's chain, my right middle and ring fingers are currently purple from excessive bowling, my eyes are randomly twitching from sleep deprivation, I have a sore in my ear from crummy headphones, and I am currently having nightmares from reading a medical text that was very, very graphic in explaining near drowning (I wanted to incorporate the effects into one of my writings-not any more!). Regardless, I do believe that it's been a good week for me, because it's been a heck of a fun ride down the drain. Hope y'all enjoyed the week, too. Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:51 pm

My ps3 died on me. Yays. >_>

*cue Benoit's Sony sucks, Sega is win rant
Image
User avatar
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Postby carlsojos » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:15 pm

IndispensablePeaGuy wrote:My ps3 died on me. Yays. >_>

*cue Benoit's Sony sucks, Sega is win rant


Oi, my Genesis, Genesis 3, and Saturn died years before my PS2 died. The only reason my PS2 is still dead is because I don't know what I did with all the screws when I tried rebuilding it. It would theoretically work if I could just get something to hold the disc in place when I turn it on.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm

IndispensablePeaGuy wrote:My ps3 died on me. Yays. >_>

*cue Benoit's Sony sucks, Sega is win rant


How did that happen?

That really, really sucks, man.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Black Sword » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:15 pm

The new gen stuff seems to be low on quality anyway. My Sega Genesis still works, after all these years.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Black Sword wrote:The new gen stuff seems to be low on quality anyway. My Sega Genesis still works, after all these years.


Hah, I had two Sega Sadturds and one Dreamcrap which died on me.
Image
User avatar
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Postby Tanith » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:21 am

My brother still has our original Genesis. Cruising along since 1989! He told me recently that the reset switch on our Atari 2600 broke off, but that he can still stick a screwdriver in its place. I think that wins for longevity.

I can't compare newer to older, though. We have a 2004ish DS that the kids aim to destroy on a regular basis, and it's survived everything they've tried to do to it. Our Wii acts up occasionally, though. My husband traded in the Dreamcast and PS2, so we don't have any previous generation consoles.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Zucca » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:24 am

Haha. My MD and Saturn are still intact and working.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 111 guests