Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Tanith » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am

I posted the first chapter of an adaptation of a fairy tale at ff.net, and apparently people really like fairy tales. Well, I don't know if they like mine, since I only got one review, but hits to my story skyrocketed and it now has more subscriptions than any of my other stories. You know, I know this is all kinds of braggy, but I'll be honest: I like getting noticed for a change. There, I said it. :P PS is great and all, but no one except you lovely, wonderful folks reads it.

Also, fresh green beans. Mmmm.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Black Sword » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Racing through my day, trying to make sure all my j's are dotted before I run off to get examined for yet another exam. Good Lord, why'd I have to go and get hit by a car?

On that note, mentally plotting out Osculation's finale. I hope it surprises people.
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby carlsojos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 pm

I predict that Benoit will be very unhappy at me for submitting 53 files that need HTML coding in one email.
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Yay!
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby carlsojos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:27 pm

WING-0 wrote:Yay!
Yay? About what, I ask?
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Semix » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:57 am

Friend coming round today, going skating (hopefully), playing LBP2...S'all good 8)
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby Missagh » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:13 pm

I just tranfered data from one server to the other. This was very hard considering that I am not a server admin. The process of dealing with PECL, Memcache, GeoIP, my.cnf, apache rebuild, php.ini and the whole shabaam killed a few of my most valued brain cells.

Anyway, right now im wishing that the application works on the new server. I will find out in 5ish hours! Brain cells crossed!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
User avatar
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:16 am
Location: Sweden and UK

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 pm

carlsojos wrote:
WING-0 wrote:Yay!
Yay? About what, I ask?


Yay for Tanith.

Oh, and another "YAY!" for me, because I found an aspirin tablet... UNDER THE SOFA!!

Now I don't have to go buy aspirins at the drugstore until after my headache dies down.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Tanith » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:47 pm

WING-0 wrote:
carlsojos wrote:
WING-0 wrote:Yay!
Yay? About what, I ask?


Yay for Tanith.

Oh, and another "YAY!" for me, because I found an aspirin tablet... UNDER THE SOFA!!

Now I don't have to go buy aspirins at the drugstore until after my headache dies down.

Aw, thanks! Unless you were "YAY"ing the green beans? In which case I wholeheartedly concur! Yay green beans!

And yay for aspirin discovery!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby carlsojos » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Ah, the familiar feeling of unemployment... Sure, I knew my last job was temporary, but I would happily give up the $20+ dollars per hour for a job that guarantees 30+ hours a week for the next 5 or more years. It's boring to always be filling my hard drive with the contents of my strange mind or filling my head with the contents of my cheap laptop....
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Tanith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:44 am

Hope you find new employment soon, carlsojos. Lots of luck to you in your search.

I'm researching WWI era culture, and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. Such a fascinating era, one that was mostly glossed over in my grade school days. It's just... on the cusp of everything. It feels like everything's about to change culturally, but hasn't quite received that final shove in the direction of "modern."
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:16 pm

I am never drinking that much again.
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 pm

I drank a lot... Way too much...

Now I can't stop urinating...

I HATE COFFEE!!!
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Semix » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm

I should really get this business homework done now...
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby augmentedfourth » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 am

Black Sword wrote:I am never drinking that much again.


I've tried that line before. It usually doesn't work.

--

In other fun news, I got to talk about Phantasy Star with another fan in real life the other day! My fiance's best friend from college's fiance (got that?) is a fan of the series, which I found out when I first met him about two years ago. A bunch of us got together and he brought his Xbox so we could play Rock Band and I noticed that his user name was Orakio. I said, "Hey! Orakio! Phantasy Star III!" and he told me I was the only one to know where it was from. Then we had some nerdy moments quizzing each other on the game ("What was Orakio's brother's name?") and finishing each other's sentences ("And Dark Force was trapped..." "in the sword..." "which was hidden..." "at the bottom of the sea in Landen!") while our significant others rolled their eyes at us. Whatever. We're obviously much cooler than they are. 8)
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 92 guests