Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Tanith » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:31 am

Though I'm not into smartphones, I don't desire a bigger phone, either. I'm quite pleased that phones have gotten smaller over time. I don't want a phone the size of a Chiclet, though. My LG whatever-it's-called (Lotus, I think) is a nice size. I occasionally use the navigation system in the city, but that's the only non-phone-calling feature I use.

@Black Sword- Yes, we're still on for weekend work, though I can't stay as late tonight. I'm directing a Valentine's Day puppet show tomorrow in the A.M. I'll need to utilize real people hours for a change and hope I don't turn into a pile of dust when the sun rises.

I must say I am concerned that our script efforts are all for naught. I'm enjoying it, but it bothers me that we've been missing members of this project for months now. I don't like working on something that will never happen. I'd like some answers as to the rest of the project and my increasing concern that it's not being actively worked on in other, non-script areas. My free time comes at a premium; I hope if the others are out there and reading this that occasional updates would be appreciated. To note: I won't be upset if the project has been shelved. I prefer the truth to active avoidance of the issue.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Zucca » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:55 am

Black Sword wrote:@Zucca For chrissakes, it's just Windows. There's nothing wrong with it, everything I've read indicates 7 is a pretty good phone OS. Raging anti-Microsoft feeling only goes so far. Personally, I'm for anything that can take down Apple's piece of crap products or serve as a good alternative.

Ok. I need to clear this a bit.
It doesn't matter if it was Apple or Microsoft. The thing is that I was soooo waiting for MeeGo. I like to use open systems. Now Nokia traded (earlier open sourced) Symbian and newly developed MeeGo (open too) for closed Windows.
One of my friends is working at Nomovok developing MeeGo. Friday he heard that 20k are being laid out (from Nokia alone) and (most propably) all the work he and his team have made for MeeGo will be for almost nothing.

I want openess and M$ or Apple aren't the likely ones to give it to me.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:37 pm

As Valentine's Day nears and I've no romantic interest to fritter away my valuable money and "Me" time on, I once again find myself contemplating random questions in my search for interesting concepts to study, when something suddenly comes outta left field: What would happen if Chaz thought I was trying to hit on Rika? Initial analysis suggests that I'd be lucky if I'm still breathing after the exchange given his proclivity towards anger, but when I add Elsydeon to the picture, the odds suddenly seem to change in my favor. I wonder why that would make such a difference?
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:28 pm

@Tanith I'll see if I can track down our fearless leader. I'm determined to get a finished remake done, one way or another. Scripting and spriting are hard work, after all!

@Zucca In principle, open systems are great. In practice, though, you get a smorgasbord of systems that can barely interact with each other (Samsung Android compared to LG Android, for example). That said, I prefer a multiple way war between Microsoft, Apple, Google, and the lot, open and closed. As Microsoft has demonstrated with Windows 7, there is still an important place for closed, relatively stable systems.

@carlos Alis wouldn't like her sword being used in jealous fury.
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 am

Black Sword wrote:@carlos Alis wouldn't like her sword being used in jealous fury.

Well, that would explain what happened when I walked through the fight in my mind earlier. [I pull out a voice recorder.]
Now, since the method of travel I was previously using in the writing experiment is out of fuel, I definitely hope Demi forgot to take the control key from the machine center terminal when she left with Wren for Zelan after PSIV ended, because I don't like walking everywhere. I wonder what awaits me when I reach Krup. I wonder if I will be able to get my spark plug back, since I hawked it for a room a while ago. What is the nature of the environment I-as a character of the writing experiment- woke up in?

You know, it feels kinda weird reading my own thoughts here as I contemplate my little experiment, since I don't even know if it'll have the polish to be releasable as a fanfic.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm

I hate being stumped as to how to describe something. It drives me batty. I can see it in my mind's eyes, but the words, they do not come!
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Black Sword wrote:I hate being stumped as to how to describe something. It drives me batty. I can see it in my mind's eyes, but the words, they do not come!


Then don't describe it. Instead, try to make the object describe itself. The mind uses all five senses to define an object, plus its internal feelings towards it, so rather than focus on the object itself, try describing what's affected by it (surroundings, underlings, etc.) Is there a smell that can be perceived prior to the actual encounter with the object? Does the narrator (or characters the narrator can see inside of) feel nervous, or bored, or intrigued by the object you can't describe? Are there analogies that can be drawn between the object and other, more well known objects? Perhaps, is there a reason why you can't describe the object- is it too dark in the area, or does it seem to defy the rules of reality?

Sometimes, a beholder can harbor more fear towards the unknown than the greatest of enemies.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 am

I'm sick, sick, sick... The week before last, my mother had an accident and broke her arm. I took her to the ER in the hospital. What none of us expected, especially me in my idiocy, is that I might get a virus! After all, it's the damned emergency room!

Now I'm "enjoying one hell of a cold"...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm

In Japan, an appropriate response to failure is suicide.

In the US, the popular response to failure is breeding.

....says a lot, doesn't it?
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 am

I came down with a severe case of boredom today, and resorted to extreme measures to cure it. I walked outside, picked a random road, and started walking until my legs felt like they were going to fall off. Then I had to walk back to my house, since I didn't have any other way back. It even started raining, too. I wound up cold, wet, wind-burnt, and hurting, but without a trace of boredom in my system. I declare the adventure a complete success, and even managed to get a free truffle from a local shop during my escapade as a bonus. Life is good.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:41 am

My health is improving as the hours pass. I was feeling weak this afternoon and took a nap. When I woke up, I ate a lot, drank lots of liquids and played some more, as well as reading. Now, as the pain and fever are all gone, I am in a very, very good mood.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Good for you, WING!

I've solved my description dilemma. The result, ah, exceeds what I was aiming for. *twitch* ANYWAY, I realized that in order for one of the planned tales in the Royal Twins arc to make better sense and have a greater impact, I have to write one from the Headwaters (Rhys) Arc first. So I have to sequence break a sequence break. Poop.

On that order, anyone want a job as an editorial assistant? I'm severely understaffed at my publishing blog. No pay, though.
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Black Sword wrote:On that order, anyone want a job as an editorial assistant? I'm severely understaffed at my publishing blog. No pay, though.

I probably should ask for the blog address before I claim interest, since I tend to dive in before I check what's in the water. That, and my grammar needs some work, since that may be important here.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Darn, he checked before he dove in. Short URL for the sake of not typing out the long name. http://is.gd/ghTCf
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Interesting blog; I haven't really studied the art of authorship before. As an assistant, I guess my job will be to essentially proofread submissions prior to posting, right? I could give that a shot. I assume you'll want to test my abilities prior to joining your team?
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 122 guests