Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 am

My lecture today went... Better than expected. I was expecting only highschool kids being dragged to the place via threats like it happened with me, but the attendance was more people from lower semesters and a few highschool students that really asked questions.

That doesn't mean I still want to give the same lecture tomorrow as I have to. I hate speaking in front of crowds and feel much more at ease when inside a lab, doing something I actually like.

My teacher's face, however was priceless. "Your lecture WAS good. You should do it more often!"
"Nope. I hated every single second of it. I understand the necessity of helping you and the school, but that doesn't mean I enjoy standing in front of a bunch of people. I only wanted to help with setting the prototypes, not giving a lecture on them."
He was just like "Oh... Why didn't you say so?"
"I did, actually."
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Tanith » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 am

Black Sword wrote:On the bright side, my dating life withers, my writing remains strong!

And you get to spend your weekends IMing with an older married woman (with kids!), working on a fan game script and shooting the breeze!

(Yeah, that doesn't really sound that appealing to me, either. Oh well! It's still fun!)

@WING-0- Well, I'm glad the lecture went well despite your reservations. Would've been better if people had listened to you in the first place, though, but overall humankind are very poor listeners. *sigh*
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 am

Almost every time I see a pretty woman that I'd like to talk to, I notice she has a piece of metal stuck in her face. Yuck!
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:00 pm

@WING-0 See, I love public speaking. Orating is fun and I do it well.

@Tanith When you put it that way, it sounds lame, but honestly, it's tons of fun for me!

@Benoit Are we talking non-obtrusive nose ring? Sometimes those can be cute.
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Some people claim that love is blind. I think it'd be an interesting experience to put on a blindfold under dark sunglasses, grab a white cane, and date whichever lady sounds the nicest. At the very least, she'll probably be sympathetic enough to a blind man to pay for the first drinks before she realizes the truth.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby augmentedfourth » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:32 pm

My father and I couldn't be further apart career-wise, but when he comes to my school concerts, he is pleased that I inherited his gift for public speaking. I've seen teachers freak out when addressing such a large group and I've seen other ramble on for hours; I try to keep my remarks short and sweet (and adorably witty, as that's how I am :wink: ) since I know the parents came to hear their kids play, not to hear me talk, and I've been told I come across well. That said, when I watch the tapes with the kids, I always fast-forward those parts because I hate watching myself. :P

I wish I could offer a few inspirational words of wisdom about dating, but for right now, I'm just going to stick with "I'm glad I don't have to worry about that any more". Last week, my best friend texted me for advice, as he had a very nice date planned out for this girl he really liked and I helped with the little details, but two hours in, she gave him the "let's just be friends" speech. Boo.
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:52 pm

OUCH...

I don't date anymore for a bunch of reasons. One of them beingmy increasing discontent with women in their twenties. All they want is their boyfriend having a nice car. Oh, and money... and being the object of his spending. And the object of his fixation...

I just went and said "Frak this... I'm going to take some years for MYSELF..."

A few seemingly good women who want to spend time with me appeared, but one was a neurotic and the other had several plans ahead that didn't seem too flexible...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Oh, that was brilliant. I am attracted to a particularly gorgeous young lass at work. Well, two of 'em, but anyway, I make a habit of walking around at work. Get some circulation, get the fark away from my desk, which is in the middle of nowhere, that sort of thing. Been swamped with work for the past week, so haven't made my rounds. Lass mentions it when I say hello, and I note that I hate weeks like that because it keeps me from visiting, and where I am is totally isolated. She says that there is another group near me. My reply? "Yeah, but they can't compare with you."

....real smooth, me, real smooth.
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Black Sword wrote:@Benoit Are we talking non-obtrusive nose ring? Sometimes those can be cute.

Any piece of metal that's attached to the face, most commonly on the side of the nose or somewhere around the lips. I fail to see the beauty of having such plain, metallic objects attached to it. They're like metal zits to me.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Benoit, is it just facial piercings that bother you? What about other bodily piercings? =P
Image
User avatar
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:05 am
Location: US of A

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Other bodily piercings bother me as well, but thankfully you can't see those in public. ;)

The only piercings I can tolerate are the standard earrings.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 pm

A friend of mine married a girl who has (or maybe had) piercings in her nipples.

My second lecture on the matter of economical signal amplification started basically the same as yesterday's. I started feeling like I was repeating myself, so I decided to break away from the program given to me by the coordinator. I just told them "Look, I know some of you were dragged by the balls here..." with that language... "so let's make this a bit more fun. Why should you care about the amplification of a signal? Easy. You can listen to music and stuff without paying a moron your father's or your own hard earned money in order to get a decent system for it. You can help someone who has poor audition, you make a shitload of things with it, so pay a little attention and stop worrying about your increasingly numb buttcheeks. They'll wake soon enough."

I threw the technical and formal language out of the window and people then asked more things.

(continued in the next post...)
Last edited by Wing-0 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Today I learned that if you want to reach ignorant highschoolers who were dragged into listening to you, you should speak to them the way you speak to your friends. Bad language and all. Tell them why your shit smells good and why they can like it and enjoy playing with it.

Of course, the shit I speak about is electronics.

When I finished, the three teachers who were attending were like "HOLY CRAP, I HAD NEVER HEARD SUCH A LANGUAGE IN A FORUM LIKE THIS... AND IT WORKED!! THOSE KIDS ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION!!"

I was laughing (still am) at the teacher who was minding the kids. Before, she was shutting them up, but when I started using expletives and her students actually asked a TON of questions, she was freaking out.

I still have no idea what the coordinator who placed me to do that is going to tell me the next time she sees me. I imagine she's going to grill my ass for a barbecue or something... I'm a little worried.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re:

Postby Zucca » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Other bodily piercings bother me as well, but thankfully you can't see those in public. ;)

The only piercings I can tolerate are the standard earrings.

Is this bad? :o
Image
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:31 pm

I think you can answer that question yourself. :)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 85 guests