Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Zucca wrote:When girls get more age they (usually) start to act more sensible. :P

I wonder if there is a reciprocal sentiment among the ladies in regards to men?
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Yes.
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm

augmentedfourth wrote:Yes.

Which sentiment holds more truth?
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:01 pm

The following: male and female thought processes are fundamentally different, with any similarities serving to emphasize the differences.
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 am

I might have sounded kind of mysoginistic in my post about women in their twenties, which wasn't my intention.

The women I have encountered during my now finalized 20s, have in a tremendous majority acted on the principles of having fun, spending money and shallow relationships. This could have something to do with the... how do I explain it? Delay of maturity? I'll use that term...

This delay I speak of involves parents helping their sons and daughters for more time, as opposed to making them become fully independent at the early twenties like it was the case in the time of our parents.

This has many reasons, both social and economic... But back to me whining about the women I have encountered, they were mostly shallow... Like the water level on your shower. You know, drops of water.

That is not to say I never met good women. Still, most of the best ones were in their thirties... That's when I have seen women make full use of their capabilities.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 am

In support of your theory, here's an NY Times piece on the same subject of the delay in maturity achievement. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magaz ... ood-t.html
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 pm

So... I got my ass busted at school...

It seems the language I employed wasn't to the liking of the coordinator of the school... "Even if you managed to get their attention, using such a language is something I cannot agree with. We are a part of an institution. A university."

I told her "I agree with you, the choice of language and expressions was poor and inadvisable. Still, I'm unrepentant. The reason is that even if I spoke like a complete thug, I think I succeeded in something I could not the day before. Plant a seed of interest in those kids."

The result was that the discussion between the coordinator and myself ended in a stalemate.

Yes, speaking like a thug is bad. Wrong, even... Still, several of those kids really got interested by what little knowledge I could impart. I am split between both aspects of the outcome...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re:

Postby carlsojos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:42 pm

WING-0 wrote:Yes, speaking like a thug is bad. Wrong, even... Still, several of those kids really got interested by what little knowledge I could impart. I am split between both aspects of the outcome...

What's done is done, and you helped others at your own expense. If you really need extra support to fight charges, you could probably ask some of the people whose interest you've piqued to testify on your behalf. A strong showing in this department would likely minimize any disciplinary action against you.

I think it's safe to assume you won't be forced to do many more speeches that you don't want to anymore.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:32 pm

It's not that there is going to be any real repercussion... It's just that she didn't like it. Other teachers expressed surprise and some were even amused.

Uh... That teacher is also a... bible thumper, I might add...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re:

Postby carlsojos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm

WING-0 wrote:Uh... That teacher is also a... bible thumper, I might add...

That kind of person is both extremely dangerous and extremely fun to mess with. I think it'd be interesting to blow everything out of proportion, maybe hold a debate at a school board meeting over how absolute rules should be, simply because of the possibility of embarrassing her.

...Don't listen to me, I'm a bad influence. I've even been seen drifting between fuel pumps at the local gas station.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 am

Someone did that once. It wasn't pretty, I must add.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Re:

Postby carlsojos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:15 am

WING-0 wrote:Someone did that once. It wasn't pretty, I must add.

Like I said, I'm a very bad influence for upstanding citizens. I'm the kind of person who would break the password to the school firewall, log out without changing anything, and then circulate the information to cover my tracks.
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:54 am

As long as you don't get Menase in trouble, you're safe.
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby carlsojos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Black Sword wrote:As long as you don't get Menase in trouble, you're safe.

I've never been caught...

Oh yeah, I know this is a bit random to say here, but it's on my mind at the moment, so I will anyway.
Black Sword, I found this under Kouma Part 1- both on the site and in the PDF.
...to make sure I didn't forgot the season was spring.

It's the third paragraph from the top, I do believe that "forgot" should be "forget".
Image
User avatar
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Even if I knew where I was, would I tell you?

Re: Post what's on your mind now

Postby Black Sword » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks Carlos, I'll fix that later.

For now... GAH!!!! MY LITTLE GODDAUGHTER IS GOING TO PRESCHOOL. SHE IS GOING TO AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE SHE DOES NOT KNOW ANYONE AND I DON'T KNOW THESE BRATS OR HOW THEY WERE RAISED WHAT IF THEY'RE MEAN TO HER OR PICK ON HER OR THEY IGNORE HER SHE IS A SWEET LITTLE BABY. *stressing out*
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
User avatar
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 115 guests