Dark Energy by carlsojos

Chapter 45

We had just gotten into the Landale, when its radio began to squelch. Attention all travelers, attention all travelers. This is the Kadary Hunter's Guild. Due to a recent increase in the activity of Biomonsters, any travel in the areas surrounding Zema is now strongly discouraged. Anyone who must travel near Zema should consider partaking in a Self Defense class, provided at no cost by the Piata campus of Motavia University, Kadary Hunter's Guild, and select weapon shops. Alternately, you may consider hiring a professional Hunter as an escort. Prices start at 500 meseta for a 2 way trip depending on the distance being traveled and the desired experience level of the hunters. That is all.

Etirn shakes his head. That isn't good. We need to destroy the Bio Plant sooner than later, or risk getting killed off by a flood of monsters. Why can't we catch a break once in a while?

I shake my head. Well, we did make the mess, Etirn. We should clean it up.

Ray looks at me. But that place wasn't exactly hospitable when we last went there. How are we to survive a march into the jaws of Hell itself? I feel the ship leave the ground.

I think I have an idea. Demi looks back from the controls. We should go to Nurvus. We can cut power to the Bio Plant from there.

Can't we give a kill order from Zelan?

No. While Zelan is indeed the primary command satellite, Nurvus features a special high-security policy to prevent malicious changes in power distribution. In order to cut power to any system, I have to personally connect to the core to bypass the security.

Sounds like we actually have a plan. Okay. So where is Nurvus?

Southwest of the city of Kadary.

Ray turns to me. Didn't that radio thing say your friend's doing something near Kadary? Now that he mentioned it....

MECO. We'll enter the Motavian atmosphere in 90 minutes.

Etirn gets out of his seat to dig through the numerous storage compartments on the ship. If you can't find a spaceport, just land outside Piata. Is there anything that resembles coffee on this ship, by chance? I decide to read one of my favorite novels for the trip. It's about a human who was not a human, to quote the back of the book.

Next chapter

Join Phantasy Star Cave discord server and hang out with other RPG buffs. It’s free. Let’s beat quarantine boredom together!