Benoit goes to the school prom

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Neo48 » Sat May 15, 2004 4:18 pm

Heh, i'm not into the rap either.
Neo48
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Mizehrith » Sat May 15, 2004 4:18 pm

Gangsta' Rap is one of the very few (and I do mean "few" ) genres of music that I just can't stand. Listening to people drone on about hoes, bling-blings, and getting high throughout their entire song just isn't my thing.


[size=small][Edit by Mizehrith on [TIME]1084637978[/TIME]][/size]
Mizehrith
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Siren » Sat May 15, 2004 4:33 pm

Yes, it's so shallow. People with no brains can listen to it without noticing that the rapper is saying the same thing about pimping out or whatever. Some people claim to like the beat, but you get sick of it when it sounds the same as the last song...
Siren
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Benoit » Sat May 15, 2004 6:56 pm

Did you have to dress formally?

Yup. Evening clothes.
P.S.S Glad you had fun Benoit. Was your date cute or ugly?

I had no date.
But hey, it was alright. This isn't the US. Many other people also didn't come with dates. I did notice at times the American influence, though, with the "Do you already have a date?" question others asked each other. But it happened only a few times. All that was missing was the question "Do you already have a dress?". :D
Sounds like you had fun Benoit, enjoy the sleep.

>_O
I sure did. Went to bed at 3:10 AM, and got out at 3:20 PM. Happens a lot on weekends.
It's stupid: parties are for friends not for class mates.

Not neccessarily. That's very closed-minded. I don't like discos either, but I don't go to those. This was different. But I digress...
(music talk)

The music was techno and R&B. Not my style, but it was alright. What I didn't like though was that as the evening progressed, the music got louder. No, it wasn't because of my ears. Some tones were so loud I covered my ears for a while.


[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1084652935[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby SheWren » Sat May 15, 2004 7:57 pm

Yup. Evening clothes.

Oh my...how uncomfortable!!!
SheWren
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Benoit » Sat May 15, 2004 8:29 pm

Yeah, a bit, but it was alright. :)
Benoit
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Prince Noah » Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am

Originally posted by Benoit<p>But hey, it was alright. This isn't the US.


Are you callin us Americans bad?! >_<
Prince Noah
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Benoit » Sun May 16, 2004 12:36 am

Do you always have to seek offence in everything I say?
No, that's not what I said. I meant that it was different here.
Benoit
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Prince Noah » Sun May 16, 2004 12:39 am

There ya go again, Benoit. If that's not what you said, then what DID you say?
Prince Noah
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun May 16, 2004 2:36 am

my prom 5 years ago was bleh. I had a date and all, but besides talking to people and trying to dance, there really wasn't anything happening. Maybe its just the loner in me, but back then I ddn't really enjoy being around A LOT of people. The post prom party was alright too.
HuBBsDoctor
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Neo48 » Sun May 16, 2004 2:55 am

I believe Benot was reffering that Americans (and Canadians to) think its right to have a date when you go to the prom. But that its different where he's from. In the end its all from influence.
Neo48
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Prince Noah » Sun May 16, 2004 3:52 am

Neo48 wrote:I believe Benot was reffering that Americans (and Canadians to) think its right to have a date when you go to the prom. But that its different where he's from. In the end its all from influence.


I see. Never mind then.
Prince Noah
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby LaconianShot » Sun May 16, 2004 4:21 am

Yes, it's very different where Benoit lives...and generally in all of Europe, too. For one, we have no Discotheques in Canada (well, maybe the odd one, for novalty), which seems to be a popular thing in Europe. I'll chalk what Benoit said up to different cultural influence.
Maybe its just the loner in me, but back then I ddn't really enjoy being around A LOT of people.

That's the way I am. I hate partaking in anything that everyone is doing...it makes me feel like...a follower. So, I feel the need to be (and maybe I even enjoy it) a loner. Except for my friends, who are also loners. So I guess that makes me not a loner.
LaconianShot
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby Benoit » Fri May 20, 2005 8:27 pm

*resurrects thread*

For a good reason. ;)

One year has passed, and the school prom is upon me again. I'll be going tonight. :D

This year's location and drink prices are better, I heard. Hehe. Not that I'll be drinking alcohol, though.

I'll dress up now, and then go! :)
Benoit
 

Benoit goes to the school prom

Postby ThePeaGuy » Fri May 20, 2005 8:29 pm

Benoit wrote:*resurrects thread*

For a good reason. ;)

One year has passed, and the school prom is upon me again. I'll be going tonight. :D

This year's location and drink prices are better, I heard. Hehe. Not that I'll be drinking alcohol, though.

I'll dress up now, and then go! :)


Have a good time then, and remember to behave! :p
ThePeaGuy
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 103 guests