<blockquote><i>Originally posted by ill-intent</i><p> I know you've already decided on the flip method, but just incase someone still isn't sure......<p> DO NOT DO THE CHIP!!! The instant you put one of those suckers in your PS2, you've started a counter that leads to your system's imminent burn-out. On average, if you take care of your system and don't play the crap out of it, you've got 1 year. Less if you play bootlegs. I've known too many people who's systems died. <p> (if you're curious how I got around it, my PS2 is japanese

)<br></blockquote><p>Uh, my PS2 has been modded for going on two years (I've maintained it well, and play the hell out of it quite frankly), and my PSX was modded for 6 years and plays like a charm to this day (again, maintained and played). It all depends on the quality of the install, and the quality of the chip. Don't go scaring people (though I would *really* recommend against installing a PS2 chip yourself unless you're a soldering pro) ;p<p>-Corey