Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:15 pm

People need to stop being so damn gullible... Scratch that... imbecilic in nature. I once watched a small report on TV about people who went for meds for ANY reason. They were so screwed up by their own foolishness I couldn't do anything but... laugh...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Daren » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:39 pm

WING-0 wrote:People need to stop being so damn gullible... Scratch that... imbecilic in nature. I once watched a small report on TV about people who went for meds for ANY reason. They were so screwed up by their own foolishness I couldn't do anything but... laugh...


It's sad in a way, but we can't forget that medicine are really drugs and sometimes have the same effect. Addiction is a powerful thing Wing-0.
User avatar
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Montreal

Postby Zucca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Silent.
So silent.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Daren » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Zucca wrote:Silent.
So silent.


Well I guess you're doing nothing eh?
User avatar
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Montreal

Postby Zucca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Daren wrote:
Zucca wrote:Silent.
So silent.


Well I guess you're doing nothing eh?
Quite so.
I cannot find my wireless card anywhere. I need to build my own router. My current TrendNet router is just simply horrible.
Also should learn more Grafx2. Then POSIX shell and Python.
What am I doing? Nothing... I think I have thrown that card away... I should never throw anything away.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:44 pm

It's 12:47. Noon here and I just woke up... I have a hangover.

Damn my low toleranceto alcohol. I am sharp enough to have complicated conversations, but after I sleep, there comes the headache...

Somebody kill me.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Daren » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:41 pm

WING-0 wrote:It's 12:47. Noon here and I just woke up... I have a hangover.

Damn my low toleranceto alcohol. I am sharp enough to have complicated conversations, but after I sleep, there comes the headache...

Somebody kill me.


Dude, just drink about 750ml of water before going to bed. The next morning is less umm, painful
User avatar
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Montreal

Postby Daren » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Zucca wrote:
Daren wrote:
Zucca wrote:Silent.
So silent.


Well I guess you're doing nothing eh?
Quite so.
I cannot find my wireless card anywhere. I need to build my own router. My current TrendNet router is just simply horrible.
Also should learn more Grafx2. Then POSIX shell and Python.
What am I doing? Nothing... I think I have thrown that card away... I should never throw anything away.


What's the thing you really want to do out of all of these things?
User avatar
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Montreal

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Get a Belkin router. Those are great. I've got one myself.

I wanted to play some Mega Drive games today, but it looks like its video output is broken. :( I played Sonic 3D on my Saturn instead.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Zucca » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 am

I already have the software installed. I just need that card... Hm... Oh well to work. ---->
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Semix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 pm

LAST DAY OF YEAR 9 TODAY. SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER NOW. F*** YES
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby Zucca » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Daren wrote:What's the thing you really want to do out of all of these things?
With Python I could program some useful, life easening/soothing, apps (like image gallery generator).
With POSIX shell I can write scripts that work on most *NIX platforms (Linux, UNIX, Mac OS X).
With Grafx2 I could create pixel art for fangames etc.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Semix wrote:LAST DAY OF YEAR 9 TODAY. SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER NOW. F*** YES


And my vacations are almost over... Ah, dammit...

I have done very little in my vacations. Most of my time has gone in sleeping, playing, reading and browsing the internet. In that order. Still, I feel that I have enjoyed these lazy times more than any other summer vacations in YEARS. Moneywise, I am mostly covered, with my expenses falling, since I don't go out, but hell...

Shutting myself in, doing nothing but resting and entertaining myself, while mostly questionable, was the best medicine for all the stress I had. I haven't had nightmares in weeks, remodeled my room and living room, began plans to build a workshop, since I am really needing one, and creativity seems to be coming back. I have two offers for work now and will give them good, long thought. The difficulty will come in the form of balancing work, school and fun next period. I want to avoid ending all burned out like last time.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Daren » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 pm

WING-0 wrote:
Semix wrote:LAST DAY OF YEAR 9 TODAY. SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER NOW. F*** YES


And my vacations are almost over... Ah, dammit...

I have done very little in my vacations. Most of my time has gone in sleeping, playing, reading and browsing the internet. In that order. Still, I feel that I have enjoyed these lazy times more than any other summer vacations in YEARS. Moneywise, I am mostly covered, with my expenses falling, since I don't go out, but hell...

Shutting myself in, doing nothing but resting and entertaining myself, while mostly questionable, was the best medicine for all the stress I had. I haven't had nightmares in weeks, remodeled my room and living room, began plans to build a workshop, since I am really needing one, and creativity seems to be coming back. I have two offers for work now and will give them good, long thought. The difficulty will come in the form of balancing work, school and fun next period. I want to avoid ending all burned out like last time.


Those long lazy vacations are the best man! Do you still have this week to do your best at, well, nothing? :D

My advise to you is to do what you want to do and not what others want you to do. Work is work of course but life comes before anything else. Well that's how I see it, you have to live it for all it's worth.
User avatar
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Montreal

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:40 am

second day with no internet. using my neighbor's wireless connection without permission as he drinks the night away with awful music that won't let me sleep.

funny. we use the internet for most of the communications and entertainment here. no internet is like a kick to the balls.

i will change my current isp. this one is pricy, slow and unreliable...

posting from the damn psp is horrible.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 128 guests