What games are you playing at the moment?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby The HuBBs » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 am

do you have Borderlands for PC?
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
User avatar
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Postby Edge » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:37 am

Lately I have been playing Madden 2011! YAY MADDEN 2011!! Thas it, nothing else... I'm considering buying a PS2 tomorrow to mess with during spare time, but I'm not feeling very many of the games on it.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
User avatar
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Quincy, IL

Postby Neo48 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:29 am

do you have Borderlands for PC?


I do, but my graphics card is defective and out of warranty. I'll be out of PC gaming for at least a year. The version I am playing is PS3

I finished the first add-on; Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. The best part of this add-on was the scenery. It was just so different compared to the majority of the main story. The final boss battle was very Turok 2-like which I thought was cool. I started the next one, looks a lot like more post-apocalyptic desert.
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
User avatar
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:59 am

Super Metroid... Physical copy again at last!!!

Just obtained the Varia suit, so I can now withstand high temperatures.

Time to explore a bit more.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:00 am

Super Metroid... That takes me back... I'ma start a new game in it myself... What a wonderful classic.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
User avatar
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Quincy, IL

Postby Semix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 am

Everyone excited about black ops? Comes out on the 9th and I know a few people who are going to the midnight release regardless of school in the morning. So excited about it. There's even a 1 hour MP video thats worth watching : http://www.codblackopsnews.com/2010/11/ ... lkthrough/
This COD title looks better than ever, even if thats what we all said about MW2. :P
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:59 am

I don't have money for it...

I'm waiting in uncertainty over what's going to happen first... Mass Effect 2 or a PS3 Macross game... I have bought every Macross console game since the days of the Dreamcast... Not going to stop now... Especially not when the games have gotten so damn good... I mean, the PS2 of the original series is damn awesome, but the jump to PSP and now PS3 is too good to pass up...

On what I'm playing right now, just a little bit of Super Metroid... I got the grapple beam and am now heading towards the Wrecked Ship, after the boss trashed me the first time I got in there.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:36 am

Finished Halo: Reach.

As expected, the game ends in tragedy.

The deaths of Noble 1 Carter and Noble 4 Emile weren't as emotional, since the end was pretty much in sight. Still, for a Halo, the story was a winner.

The only one who seems to have survived was Noble 3 Jun.

Noble 6's death (player character) was ugly and violent. Overwhelmed by a bunch of Elite Covenant soldiers, Noble 6 fights to the last breath and falls, being stabbed and shot by the enemy, only his/her broken helmet remains.

I really felt the ending as much as I felt PSII's ending way back. A noble sacrifice for the preservation of humanity with a miserable death against impossible odds. Even if Noble 6 had survived the assault, he/she would have died on the massive bombing that left the planet uninhabitable.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Neo48 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Currently playing the new Goldeneye for Wii. I am extremely pleased with what I've seen so far. It is quite an experience.
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
User avatar
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm

Postby Shadowcaster » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Lunar: The Silver Star, was recommended to it by a friend of mine. Overall it's an above-average JRPG. Pretty easy, though.
User avatar
Shadowcaster
Locusta
Locusta
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Finland

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:14 am

I'm deciding on Bioshock 2 or Uncharted.
Image
User avatar
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:13 am

@Peaguy:

Go buy BlazBlue Continuum Shift... One of the best 2D fighters ever.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 am

Okay, I'm having a giggling fit right now... Reason? I've been asked by a friend to try (and buy if I like it) the weirdest RPG or whatever I have ever been put in front of.

The title in question is Dream Club Portable for the PSP. You play the part of a male with a pure heart (SHYEAH, RIIIIIGHT) that comes across a place called Dream Club... What is it? Why, a hostes bar, of course! -instert mocking laughter please-

I'm equating it to an RPG because you, instead of going into a cave for some adventure, go to a bar/club instead. Instead of battling scary monsters like skeletons or worms, go and chat and drink with pretty hostesses.

Instead of fighting monsters, you chat and (this is where I start laughing) INEBRIATE the hostess in question. No, no sex, no violence, no rape. After all, you, as the protagonist, have a pure heart -insert more laughing please-, so the drunken hostess is completely safe with you.

I'll write as I play for a bit...

ROUNDS ONE AND TWO

I, chose the one with the big boobs (Name's Rui) because the others look straight out of a serial production plant, with only their hair being different. Well, my first "combat" with her was won by me, as she fell victim to alcohol and spilled her beans about what she likes... Second round doesn't bode well so far... Scratch that. I got her dead drunk. The trick is to tilt the cup, but not drinking anything at all once there is a very small quantity.

Miss Rui seems to be a teacher... Huh, who would a thought...

After the second round, I noticed that I have to keep an eye on my finances, as buying drinks for my character and the hostess costs a lot of money, so a "week's worth of part time job" can slip like water between fingers.

Two weeks of part time job, and now my character is ready for some more hostess inebriating action (if it can even be called action).

ROUND THREE?

What... The hostess I had been inebriating is out of the active roster? Hmmmm... Let's choose one of the mass produced ones... There. One with chestnut colored hair will do.

The first mass produced subject is named... I forgot. But she's supposed to be a model and actress.

Heh... The first round against this one amounted to nothing, since I forgot the order in which you buy drinks. First for the hostess, next for yourself. I bought a non alcoholic drink for her and one of the same for my character... No drunkenness.

ROUND TWO

Well, no Rui or something, so... I'll go against the same one from last time... Riho.

LOST. My character fell against Riho... But... I got more EXP for having my character fall drunk!? WTF!?

DAMN, the wallet took a good hit as well...

Riho is tougher than the seemingly more mature Rui... Hmmmmm...

Next day, my character was sent to shop for... a gift!? DAMN! This game is a one track product! Anyways, my character, whose name shall remain hidden, since it is an expletive, ran into Hostess/Teacher Rui... Blah, blah, the meeting is over.

Real ROUND THREE

Rui's back and... Victoly... It seems this hostess is more of a quick drinker than the other one...

Ah, that's it. I don't see much point to this game other than some warnings over alcohol consumption... I'm still left with the lingering idea that this game is one of the oddest I have ever tried. Still, comparing it with others in which I literally blow the heads off of people, this one is rather tame in themes...

Not recommended for females, though...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm currently playing Baten Kaitos Origins. I kept that game on hold for a couple of years now. I remember seeing Benoit playing it.
Image
User avatar
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:05 am

I'm going to finish Super Metroid on the SNES. I left the game as soon as I entered Tourian, the final stage.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 125 guests